Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Atma stashes for download

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by freefree, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freefree

freefree IncGamers Member

Atma stashes for download

Is there somewhere you can download the exported items from other people's games, or even complete stashes?

2. YoungDbl

YoungDbl IncGamers Member

There is no legit way to so we cant really discuss it. Unless you mean trading through atma which is just a matter of emailing the .d2x files. But if you mean download items off the internet. Illegal!!!

3. Suiling

Suiling Banned

That's considered as hack. and i tell you i hate hackers. Because of one makes me lost my character!!

Most of us here hate them as well.

4. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

Downloading items from a website is considered duping, and is not allowed here.

If your need items, I suggest you checkout the giveaway thread stickied at the top of the first page of the SPF forum. We have some people generous enough to give low to medium items, mostly uniques and sets. For the high-end uniques and sets, you'll most likely have to locate them on your own, or you can try to trade for these via the SP Trading Forum. However, the SP Trading Forum is bound by the requirement to trade only valid items from valid characters. Please keep that in mind. :)

5. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

'Hate' is a rather strong word for something as inane as 'being tainted' in a computer game. This is Diablo 2, and not your bank manager. You may have the right to hate someone if they deliberately put a bullet through your left lung. On the other hand, you may 'dislike' someone for tainting you.

And the concept of 'taint' is something that the SPF itself has created to beat itself up with. Anyone who decides to trade/MP/receive items must be prepared to accept the consequences of being tainted.

If it upsets you so (and it appears that it does), then I humbly suggest that you learn from that experience and play self-found only, and receive no items from giveaways or MP.

The following statement is directed to no one in particular. Remember that there are people behind these PC screens, and they have feelings and the right to be respected as much as you do. Please also consider the good things that people have done, and not just the bad things.

Right, I'll now get off my :soapbox: and shut the [I want my mummy] up.

6. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

@Frostburn: I think you may be right, but Suiling also has the right to feel towards we-know-who as she wants.

To tell the truth I would feel exactly the same if something like that happened to me, especially if it was my first char. Yes, it's only D2, yes it's only a game, but it's a game you put HOURS of your life, you have fun and all, and personally I like to think that everytime I play my char gets a little better.............. and then suddenly because someone decided to act in the wrong way, I will lose all those hours and effort put. I would "hate" that person.

Yes, there's people behind the screen which deserve respect, but when they decide to break the rules, they are no longer respecting others and themselves, because this forum is based on trust. So I think Suiling may be wrong or correct on her feelings, because she trusted somebody that did not consider her when he cheated.

Just my .02

Edit: Besides, trading can be a mayor breathing for the game. If you char is underpowered or you need something in order to keep the game, trading is a nice way to resolve the problem.

To keep on-topic, no freefree, this forum is VERY concerned towards legitness, and to ask for items to download is definitely NO here. What you do in your computer is your problem, just keep those hacked items away please, and also, you may not be able to do MP games here

7. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

But letting everyone know that in almost every thread she/he posts is unnecessary, even annoying.

Mmm... duping is bad... mmmkay.

8. Arreat_mercenary

Well, I'm not aware of that, I can't log on very much now :scratch:

9. FrostBurn

I know that I am right on this matter. :smiley:

Yes, I also agree that she has the right to feel upset, but it has been going on for sometime now. It doesn't do anyone any good to keep lingering grudges. And to put things in perspective, yes, it was hours of invested time, but it's not like 10 years of stashes and chars had to be deleted as a result of 'you know who'.

To put 'trust' in someone that you've never ever met in RL, and who you've only interacted with on an internet board is, well, a little foolish. Yes the SPF is based on trust, but 'trust' in this context is not the same kind of trust that, say, is expected in a life-long committed relationship.

And back to the mantra that I always chant, 'people make mistakes'. I make mistakes, you make mistakes, we make mistakes. Consider that the other person is human, for you are human yourself. I do not want to be judged too critically, just as much as you don't want to be judged too critically, when under the jurisdiction of our peers, when you or I screw up. Some 'compassion' never hurts anyone.

10. Arreat_mercenary

Well, let's remember Frostburn that either being "right" or being "wrong" is just a matter of perspective, it all depends from where it's looked.

From Suiling's point of view, she's right. From your point of view, you are right. From my point of view................. we are just making +1 to spam :grin:

I think you are taking things too seriously too, as if she is telling she's going to kill CoS. I think it's not that, she just "hate" the guy, that's all, let her be, move on

11. FrostBurn

When I said that I know that I am right, I'm referring to these two quotes below:

As for taking things too seriously, if someone is going to 'hate' someone else for screwing up a couple of kilobytes of data... well..... I really don't know what to say. Perhaps we need to spend more time worrying about species extinction, corrupt governments, and global warming.

12. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

FB is completely right.

13. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

*sharpens cruel winged harpoon of evisceration*

I am right..... now everyone get back to bashing the first guy! :wink2:

Just remember that English is not Suiling's first language and sometimes the intonation of a certain word can be misread or overstated.

To Freefree - I think you should read the rules here before posting anymore.

Thanks all

Spear

14. FrostBurn

How can a guy who promotes species extinction by personally and directly killing and murdering squid be right?

I say NO to species extinction! Save the squid!

15. Spearthrower

Don't join forces with darkness! Just when you think you are moving up in the cephalopod ranks, attaining the fishy heights of power.... without warning, you'll suddenly be human calamari!!

Power corrupts.... and multiple tentacles corrupt absolutely!

Don't give in to the Squid Frosty.... it would hurt me to have to impale and rip out your still digesting guts with my harpoon... it would hurt me so much!!

:weep:

16. FrostBurn

You mean like this guy?!

17. Spearthrower

Similar - but you'll be less expensive in restaurants and therefore never achieve that level of haute couteur!

You'd also keep all your gooey parts on the outside - which makes chopping vegetables VERY dangerous..... not to mention making it difficult to get a girlfriend!

18. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Well, this is way off the original topic. :grin: Since the question looks like it's been anwsered, it looks like it's time for a lockdown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.