Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ATMA question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vae Victus, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vae Victus

Vae Victus IncGamers Member

ATMA question

Sorry if this has been covered, I just can't find anything on it...

Is there any problem with "duping" items with ATMA? I read that with ATMA you can sort of copy and paste items onto other characters. Can you copy/paste items on to the same character? Will it delete one jewel, or both if I put 2 of the same jewel into a helmet or anything like that? Or will it not even let me "paste" the same item onto the same character?

As you can probably tell, I'm a computer idiot, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :p

And just to state the obvious, this isn't to rip people off in any way. I'm strictly trying to enjoy my game by myself from now on, cuz I can't stand 95% of the people that play this game... I'm done with trading, rushing, being called noob, etc.

Thanks for any help!

2. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

ATMA does all it can to prevent duping because this community is against that type of behavior (though if you aren't ever going to trade or MP do as you please on your PC). Think of it more as cut and paste than copy and paste. When ATMA moves an item from A to B it is no longer in A so no dupe is made. There are ways to dupe if you try hard enough, but neither I nor this forum will discuss them and they aren't any more sophisticated than making copies of files in windows anyway.

Also ATMA questions really belong in the ATMA stickied thread at the top of the forum, for future reference.

3. Vae Victus

Ah, apologies to the forum for the wasted thread. For some reason I assumed all stickied topics were all closed to posting (way to pay attention, eh).

Thanks a million for the quick assistance. I guess I'll have to find another way to dupe my leet 20 poison damage jewel.

4. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

talking about duping items on the SPF is not a good thing. if you ask a question that is fine, but just keep your other forms and intents of finding ways to dupe to yourself to keep out of trouble. i have no intention of jumping down your throat but we don't want to know about you finding another way to do it. atma however is not intended for that and actually has a way to track whether you have a duped item or not. anyways, just don't do it again, i dont want you to get in trouble over something like that.

5. Vae Victus

Heh, thanks, I appreciate the tip and all, but I paid my 40 bucks, I'll play how I want. If someone wants to "ban" me because I play differently than them, that's fine, we probably wouldn't have gotten along in the first place. (Not to mention the fact that ATMA itself is a hack, no?)

Really no need for further posts in this thread. Again, thanks much for the help, you two. Much obliged.

6. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

firstly i should like to say that the games hosted here at the single player forum aren't at all like those on bnet. you will find, if you give us a chance that the games here are populated by helpful, mature and reasonable folk who ask only that you play fair and legit.
    i fear that by making this post you may have scuppered your chances of being accepted by some here, who will forever view your items and characters as tainted.

i have in my possession the following item..

Cinnabar Jewel of Envy
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 7
    Fingerprint: 0x473a241e
    +6% Enhanced Damage
    +20 poison damage over 2 seconds

this item is completely unique. in the whole world there isnt another quite like it. this is what makes this item valuable.
    if you would like to leave a contact email address i will place this item on a character mule and forward to you for free. i will then delete it from my system and you will have the only one in the universe.
    i make only one condition, and you must agree to this as a gentleman. you will use this item in a socket only once. once used it can never be used in any other item. you will not dupe or copy this item ever. if you can agree to this then the item is yours. dune

7. Vae Victus

This isn't politics, it's a video game...

Yes, I can see that this entire set of forums (with SP specifically) has very nice, mature, helpful people. That's why I was hoping I would get a serious answer to my question, which I did, and I'm genuinely thankful for...

If you want me to be honest, I don't care how anyone here views me... I just want to play the video game I bought in peace, whether it's playing on "duped" God-mode, or untwinked HC, or whatever. I was hoping this was a place for people to go that just wanted to talk shop about D2 and maybe trade, not debate ethics in a fantasy game wherein your only goal is to kill everything you come across...

Pretending duping doesn't exist in some kind of hear-no-evil excercise in make-believe is lovely if it makes you happy, but if you've ever traded an item (especially on B.Net), there's a chance you've contributed to some kind of "cheating/duping" scheme where two people get a little richer, unwitting or not... Which is fine, whatever blows air up your dress.

Again, thank you all kindly for the information. I'm in your debt. And thanks, too, for the offer of your jewel, but I've decided I just want to play by myself. (unless someone else needs something for free, and I have and don't need, but that will come much later when I actually have something worth giving away, lol.)

8. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

Alright guys, time for the chill pills. We don't need to debate yet again whether or not ATMA is technically a hack, the social status of dupers, or the place of D2 in a larger society.

9. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Yes people can trade in single-player, but they are highly suspicios about legitimacy of the traded items. After post like this, you will not find a single person to trade with here. And it's OK if you "cheat" on your own computer (you can play the way you have choosed), but you can't trade with us then, because single players want to play with legit items. Talking about dupes and then making a serious trade offer - it's an instant ban from the forum. You can't play a Multiplayer with us too.
    And IMHO, if you will use the hacks an cheats, you will fly through the game like a killing machine, and you will be bored soon probably.

10. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

Well I hope that Alter Ego or Kremtok take care of closing this thread for you asap, and I am sure you will also be getting a boot in the butt for your behaviors and what not. I tried to be nice, but no, you didn't like that so the next best option and the first one I should have taken was report you and this thread.

edit: took out the lol because i just wanted to see if it still worked. and honestly your questions were answered in a polite manner and i tried to be kind about it, and if you have an issue with it then grace our moderators about it so maybe they can do something to try and better the spf.
    THREAD REPORTED

11. Vae Victus

I'm speachless... If you're not joking, you're just... pathetic... Go to hell, you self-righteous pop-in-jay. I don't want in your freakish little cult anyway.

12. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

While the thread went well, this is something that isn't needed.

I'll first-hand apologize for some of the more zealous legit people here. They seem to see that what a person does on their own computer is their own business, but don't seem to see the thing that those people can, in fact, keep the duplicated/hacked items out of our tradepool if simply and polietly asked/told about.

Bunny_Usagi: Your post was somewhat out of line. He didn't actually break any rules, and he was being polite about it. People should answer his question, explain politely the reason why duplication of items isn't supported, and move on.

Vae: If your question has been properly answered, please move on and try to not spark things up. Even though it wasn't technically you who started the flaming, most people will, sadly, blame you because you talked about duping.

Oh and just incase your question hasn't been answered. Yes. Yes you can duplicate items with ATMA, but it's somewhat of a long and odd process. IMO the "feature" used to do so should be removed, but then again there is always a way in Single Player, sadly.

13. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

I answered his question politely, and then he turned around and said some more questionable things. He said it himself that the thread no longer needed posts in it, because he question was answered, so I simply pointed that out to the mods and they will take care of it. I don't feel that I was out of line in any way and I am sorry if it came off like that, because it wasn't my intent. I think the lol thing may have given the impression that I wasn't being serious about what I said, but I was.. I just wanted to see if it was up and working again. I am not going to fight over what the user said about me because I could care less, it isn't my problem and they don't have to like me. I gave my polite answer and then after things seemed to be getting a tad out on a limb I noted the mods so they could decide what to do. No harsh intents to the user, but just to close a thread that doesn't need further comments. I am sure you understand where I am coming from, even if you don't agreel. No hard feelings.

@Vae Victios - Please don't say bad things about me, because I was only trying to help give you my feedback nad when it got out of hand I noted the mods so they would know to possibly cut the thread short before it got out of hand, because that happens in threads like this sometimes. No hard feelings, and I am not offended.

14. Vae Victus

Well, I can't say I agree with how you worded what you said, but if you're sorry, I apologize too. No reason to make some big squabble over something so small.

And again, yes, if anyone wants to add something, feel free to say whatever, but I fully understand that trading dupes is not welcome (I've had 3 ists and a Gul disappear on me, I hate trading dupers as much as anyone else).

Serdash, thank you for being level-headed, and thanks for being the only one who answered my question too, apparently. Maybe I wasn't clear in how I worded it.

Sorry for all the fuss, forget I was ever here. I'll disappear back into the hole that I came from.

15. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

so,

you come in here and ask how to dupe, in clear contravention of what is at the top of the forum: "Please do not post links or information about hacking/warez/cheats. Please read the rules of these forums as we rarely warn before banning"

you receive a polite reply,

you even get someone offering to give you a nice low level charm, just so you don't have to dupe.

You make another couple of provocative posts

Someone does the right thing and posts that she's reported the thread.

And you jump on the first opportunity you have to start a flame war.

good idea

edit: if you've got something to say, pm me, let's not drag this out

16. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Sorry to drag it out even longer but I had to post. This is just ridiculous. A guy comes in here to ask a question, gets a polite reply, and says thank you and now its turning into threats/bannage. All the guy wanted was some info which he got, and said thank you and it should have been left at that. He already stated he didn't want to/care to participate in mp groups, so why does it matter if his items are tainted? They are on his own computer and as far as I know the SPF rules state that that's ok.

This astounds me. The guy says thanks and notes that this thread doesn't need to go any longer because he doesn't want it to start into a flame war, and now your saying he should get banned for saying that. I mean, I'm a legit player and I respect that and all, but if this guy isn't gonna mp/want items from other people then why does it matter so much? He can do whatever he wants on his own computer and there is no reason to be so hostile.

17. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

I haven't heard Popinjay used correctly in an insult in a long time. Takes me back to my Ren-Faire days.

18. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

Then it is hardly single player any more, is it???

19. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Serdash - you spoke well for the forum and it's policies. Thank you.

Vae Victus - I'm glad your question was answered. You conducted yourself well here - except for the "freakish little cult" thing. :rolleyes: Enjoy your game.

shermo & slappy sam - after a thread like this has run its course, there's no reason to post an hour and a half later. You just bump it up and start the whole thing over again.

TheJarulf - er, welcome to the SPF? :scratch:

Those that reported the thread and resisted posting - THANK YOU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.