Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ATMA program

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Rakshasas, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Rakshasas

Rakshasas IncGamers Member

ATMA program

i have just been to ATMA site ... solo trasnfering program
    how much can i believe it ??
    can u dupe over that program ??
    i mean when u drag and drop it wont copy that items 2 times '?
    can something go wrong with my d2 lod when i install that program ???

2. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Refer to the ATMA sticky at the top of the page.

3. Rakshasas

yes but wanted to ask here people in single player all use that ??

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

we all use it cause it allows muling (not duping) very easy and on 1.10, which many others dont do. and you cant edit characters on it, so less chance for cheating.

5. Rakshasas

aha...
    but when i save a item in a directory i can load the same item on 5 different chars ??

6. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Why would you want to do that? I built in support for d2i files for the Shadowmaster users who had exported all their items and needed a way to incorporate them in ATMA. Even though it is possible, I did not design it to do what you are asking.Other than removing the support for d2i files, I can think of no other way to prevent this unless you have a better idea.

--T

7. Rakshasas

ok tenshi ...
    the reason i ask this is that i dont do something stupid and lose my chars or hack them cuz i play LEGIT like everyone here(i believe so)
    so thnx ...

8. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

You can be sure that you cannot hack your characters with ATMA. Losing your character is out of my hands especially if your kid brother were to delete them for you ;) If you have been around here long enough, you'll get a feel for how strongly people are anti-hack. ATMA would not have been allowed by the admins here if you could hack with it. Then again, the purists would say that use of *any* third party program is considered hacking ... but this would make the Windows OS a hacking program too. Anyway, you can't please everyone so it's all about finding the level you are comfortable with. Most people use ATMA freely. I do know of a few who will use it to verify if an item is hacked or not but not to mule ... and then there are those who will not use it at all simply because it is not endorsed by Blizzard. Strange world we live in.

--T

9. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

I've tried ATMA, and found it to be very nice, especially for checking up on characters, and muling items back and forth. (And to think I always muled my grail items by placing them in RE, and having twenty different characters join, seeing whether the was already a (better) grailed version). As for making it duping proof: seems a bit futile. Any morron can dupe single player items without third party programs. It all boild down to your own motivation to play the game legit.

By the way, does everyone here (like hardcore legit players, ladder players, etc) approve of the use of ATMA for it's intended purpose (muling)?

10. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

As the good Doc says, you can't please 100% of any group larger than 1 :lol: , but ATMA is the "approved" single player muling tool by this site's Admins, Moderators, the SC and HC single player ladders, all Septavirate players, and probably 90% of the individual members of the Single Player Forum. [The remaining 10% either use the Macintosh platform (right Durf?) or don't approve of any 3rd party software intervention.]

If you add in the users that frequent other Diablo II forums you will see even greater ATMA support. :D

11. sephiruss

sephiruss IncGamers Member

I know that I am all about some ATMA over here. With it, I get the good part of b.net without having to deal with the many many bad parts of b.net.

12. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

ahh well said :thumbsup: . Atma even helps us detect dupe items. before atma has the dupe detector, i didn't realize i actually have 2 5%mf sc with the same item code. now i can check everything. so there Rakshasas, i think we've managed to convince you.