Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ATMA on battle.net?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dalixam, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Dalixam

Dalixam IncGamers Member

ATMA on battle.net?

Does ATMA work on battle.net? I didn't think so, but I read it can detect duped items and how can you get duped items from playing single player on your local machine?

2. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet IncGamers Member

There's no ATMA on Battle.net, unfortunatley.

You can get dupes in Single PLayer via trading.

3. Jugalator

Jugalator IncGamers Member

:eek:

Fortunately, to me. Imagine the chaos it would create!

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

It would ruin the game.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I wish there was a stash that could be acessed by all characters on the same account. It would make things so mush easier...

But like Usu said, Atma would seriously mess the game up.

6. toader

toader Banned

At the height of my laziness today, even my finger clicker is lazy and I dont wanna go to the Single Player forums...they smell funny.

So, can someone explain what ATMA is/does?

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

8. toader

toader Banned

No, clicking, just reading....damn you aragon. :grrr:

edit:

Ok, I clicked and read on your damn linkage. I dont see how it would mess up bnet though? It just allows for drag and drop xferring between your characters right? I dont see a problem here as long as it would be secure like bnet.

Or is there more to this story than you are letting out.... :spy:

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

:stoned: 10 characteresesreseseseses

10. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

No, I did not create ATMA to work on Battle.Net as that would be breaking just about every rule they have. The website states that it is a Single Player program only.

@aragorn_elessar: I thought Blizzard originally had a concept for "guild" stashes where guild members could store items. Funy enough, I was just discussing this topic with a work colleague today and I have some ideas of how Blizzard might be able to simulate and ATMA stash but when was the last time they listened to (and implemented) a good idea :rolleyes:

@toader: "smell funny" ?

--T

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Blizzard might have had a concept for something like that. However, I do not know. As it is at this time ( I happen to be in a guild by the way), instead of having a stash for the guild, what we have is a set of "bank accounts" for both ladder and non ladder. Organized all the way down to the basics. There is a bank for each set, unique weapons by weapon type, unique armor by armor type, a rune bank, a rare bank, a gem bank, a charm bank,a jewel bank etc. Each bank has 8 characters that sort out things even further, and in some cases, some of the banks have become full and new accounts had to be created to handle the overflow.
    http://valarguild.org/varda/guild/bankl.htm
    All guild members have the password to the banks and we give and take from them freely. Anything that is not needed is usually banked, if somone else in guild does not need it at the moment. Because of the banks and the give and take freely atmospherein my guild, Trading is non existant and the general economy that exists on Useast does not affect us. (which explains why I sometimes get ticked off with trade values...) But I have cut down my trading a lot since I joined.

It's a nice atmosphere...no PK'ing, cheating or hacking...and everyone is well behaved and well mannered ...regardless of age.

I know I went a little off topic to this thread, but one thing ran into another.

12. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hmm .. nice concept. I should look into joining a guild someday. I just recently took the Bnet plunge (for the first time) last sunday with my necro who is now in A5 NM (clvl 58). It's a new experience deciding what to keep and what to sell since you don't have an infinite stash like ATMA to deal with that. For some bizzare reason, I'm only finding non-necro stuff (go figure). I had a nice soul give me a Gravenspine and Heavenly Garb to help me along. I had heard all these horror stories about Bnet but it's not as bad as I imagined (in my limited experience).

--T

13. Jugalator

Jugalator IncGamers Member

Well, iou can import item files on your hard drive into your characters, etc. Enough to easily ruin the economy.

14. Gorny

Gorny Banned

If you are on Useast, I gan give you some things to get your character on its feet.

On a side note, last night I decided to take a plunge into the Tolkein Mod for D2x, created by two of our guild members. The Rogue Encampment is renamed "Hobbiton" rofl!

15. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Thanks for the offer but I'm on USWest :(

--T