Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ATMA for mac?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by letsbuildasnowman, Sep 1, 2006.

1. letsbuildasnowman

letsbuildasnowman IncGamers Member

ATMA for mac?

anyone know where ATMA for mac can be found, if there is one? diablo 1 was so much better, you could just throw stuff on the ground in town and itd still be there when you started again... those were the days.

2. burke615

burke615 IncGamers Member

This should probably go in the ATMA thread (stickied) but anyway...

There is no ATMA for Mac as far as I know. You have a couple of muling choices:

1. If you also have a PC :shocked: you can FTP your character over and use ATMA there. Then FTP your character back (to avoid making dupes accidentally by forgetting to delete stuff you muled off.) I do this to a PC incapable (or barely capable) of running D2, but fully capable of running ATMA.

2. Use fast user switching (OS X required) to run 2 copies of D2 (one CD) and have a bunch of mule characters, a la BattleNetters. Bring characters from the two users (main and muler) into a multi-player game, and you can just hand items to yourself. A bit tedious, but workable.

3. If you have an Intel-based Mac (I don't... yet) you can use Boot Camp Beta to install Windows natively on your computer. Then you would play D2 within Windows, and use ATMA for PC. This requires purchase of Windows. And it IS in Beta...

4. Again, with an Intel-based Mac, you could try using Parallels Desktop, which lets you run Windows in a window within OS X. I'm not familiar with Parallels (other than that it exists) so I'm not sure how fully you can share files. Parallels costs ~$80, plus you still have to buy a copy of Windows.

Good luck!

3. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

There is a program that allows muling for Macs, IIRC, but it might be in beta. I could be mistaken but it's GoMule (or something), by Gohanman.

4. letsbuildasnowman

letsbuildasnowman IncGamers Member

ive got a pre-intel mac mini, it has trouble running diablo and a web browser at the same time... unfortunately i dont have a PC. at this point, since i just started playing again, the need isnt urgent, but theres no other way to accumulate set items without a muling program. ill take a look around for gomule, see how thats coming along. youd think blizzard would have thought of building something like ATMA into diablo itsself, at least for single player. thanks for the help!

5. burke615

burke615 IncGamers Member

Blizz doesn't like muling as far as I can tell. Why, I have no idea.

Another option would be Virtual PC to run ATMA. I believe you would be able to read your character file, although you might have to move it to the "shared" portion of the disk. Again, Windows purchase required.

I found a GoMule thread at Gamers Oasis:

The thread hasn't been updated in a few months. I haven't looked further. The screenie looks good, though, so I'm itching to get home and try it! :smiley: Thanks for the pointer, 'Chaos!

6. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

I'll have to look into seeing if we can get a legal link up to GoMule in the SPF in the near future. From what I understand it is early alpha but can get the job done. A google search should help you find it.