Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ATMA and recovered .org files

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by helvete, Apr 23, 2005.

1. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

ATMA and recovered .org files

Hi. Posted a long sad story about my system crash and lost stash files before the forums rolled back. Not in the mood to write a whole page of crap over again, but....

Does anyone know if there is a way to use .org files that were recovered using some anti-delete tool? I'd appreciate it..

Edit: Oh, .org files are ATMA backups... forgot to mention.

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

In my experience, unless the file is perfectly intact (which is rare) the only use for recovered files is to open them up with a text reader to extract any useful data to rebuild the file. This works fine for recovering text from word files and data out of spreadsheet files, but I don't think it will do you much good with an ATMA backup file. You might want to try the ATMA thread in the SPF, but it looks pretty grim...

3. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

IIRC, I think that you may just be able to rename the extension to .d2s and should be okay.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

No, renaming isn't any good, that's how I always opened those files, btw.

Seems like I have a happy time of MFing and rune hunting coming up... as soon as I can get my hands on the necessary CD keys... they too were lost, as I long since lost the paper version of the keys (there I have it for not keeping a copy...) and the keys I extracted using CDkey grabber was stored... on the drive that crashed... of course.. That WAS a .txt file, so had I recovered that file I'd be almost good, but of course that file wasn't recovered... oh well.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Moderators: Feel free to move this thread to the single player forum.