Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AT windy mf help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin Diabloii.Net Member

So,

my windy finally got high enough to start ATing and I am just wondering what I could improve further.

ATM he is 86 with str enough for monarch, rest vit. All dmg skills maxed, now just going for higher Oak.

Equipment:

Ptopazed Shako
    HOTO
    Enigma
    4x Ist Monarch
    39 MF Chance Guards
    29 MF/28 MF Nagels
    49 MF War Travellers
    Goldwrap
    40 MF Gheed's
    10 FCR Amu to hit FCR breakpoint

With all charms i have 635% MF and I kill decently fast (just bosses and champs on /p1)

Merc has Insight, Fortitude and Andy's

Anything to improve?

2. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

I think you focused too much on MF and too little on damage output (aka killing speed). My suggestion of improvement would be to reduce MF and to increase killing power to profit in the end.

635% MF results on 179% better chance to get unique items. In comparison, 500% MF results in 166% better chance for uniques, and that is in comparison to 635% MF "only" 4.9% better. Question is, if you happen to reduce your MF to say like 500 and increase your killing power with the rest of the gear, could you gain 5% better running time? If you run at 45 seconds pace now, being 5% faster means to run at 42.8 seconds pace or 2.2 seconds faster... Just putting numbers out to give idea.

My point is, improvement you seek is in your killing speed.

For a start, having less than 99% fcr for windy is not really optimal. It is fine, but not optimal.

Most optimal gear what I found for my own AT windy is this:

Shako (topaz/Ist)
    Enigma
    Wizardspike (Ist)
    35 fcr Spirit
    Arachnid Mesh
    2 skills/3 ele big MF amulet
    War Travelers
    dual Soj/dual beta Bkwb/Soj + Nagelring - I suggest Soj + Nagelring
    Chance Guards

You can also try Hoto + fcr amulet/ring variant if you want/can to not need to respec for Wizardspike.

Inventory: full of SC's with MF + Gheed + cube, no empty space

Merc: now interesting point here. If you have, put Infinity on in case you have maxed Hurricane. It melts creeps on p1 surprisingly fast as does minions + you get rid of physical immune boss much faster in combo with Arctic Blast if you care to cast that. Rest is whatever. In case you don't have Infinity, try out Reaper's. Your mana will be big to not need Insight. Or stick to Insight otherwise, but Infinity is strongest option imo.

In comparison to your gear, you would lose some amount of MF, but your killing speed could be increased enough to compensate for it.

Anyway, here is my AT windy with mentioned gear above (dual beta bkwb ring slot). To not waste any words, technique and gear is on video.

3. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin Diabloii.Net Member

Ah thank you, gotta find the Sojs, Arachnid's, make Infinity then >__<

4. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

Well, then I'd try better fcr breakpoints anyway, either 68 or 99, to see is it worth it for you now. Depends on you now what kind of amulets do you actually have, or rings. But, going Hoto + Spirit and then using highest MF amulet you can get seems like an ok trade for me so you can see how much faster could you go because of higher fcr breakpoint (and more skills possibly?).

Or replace Chancies for 20 fcr gloves and have same amulet, you lose 39 MF to gain higher fcr breakpoint... There are indeed various options, but depends on what you have.