Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AssTrapper have a chance with Clone?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by rev129, Feb 10, 2004.

1. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

AssTrapper have a chance with Clone?

Ok, I'm feeling pretty good about my Trapper right, Mrs_Trapper Lev 86 with level 39 Traps, doing just over 6k damage per trap. I can solo anything in a private game and almost anywhere in an 8player game, so I decide to do an IP game to take on the clone. Finally Diablo walks, I'm starting to sweat, even shake a bit, chills are running down my spine. I trap him, throw 5 LS traps, bomb him with lev 37 FB and watch as hardly nothing happens. I throw up 5 more, still very little affect. By this time my merc is dead, I've thrown 15 traps and gone threw 3 SM's. My SC WWBarb was able to take him out in about 30 seconds. So, what can I do? My switch weapon is a C2A but I guess I need some type of lower resist wand. Any ideas? Is there a current unique or set item I can use to lower his resist? Please help me out here.

2. senji

senji Banned

i don't think those unqiue jewels that -resist work with traps
    your best bet is to use lower resist wands i guess

or make a hammerdin and kill everything in the game
    cheap or not but thats the most powerful and effective build in this game

3. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

Shop for lower resist wand at Drogma's House o Crap. Eventually you'll find one with some charges of LR on it. He has 95% resists to all, IIRC. So your 6k is doing like 300 per, and his regen rate is thru da roof.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Get Merc Prevent heal mod, and crushing if you can, nab LR wand hishest you can find I have some lvl 3's. If your merc can get a stab or two in he should stop regen a while and with crushing he might leech enuff to live longer. The LR will get him down to what my 35-50 res all insteand of 95 but its going to take a good while anyway, so take an inventory of pots as if you go to town he will regen.

Avenger with DS and or CB can take him.

5. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

Nice addition, Stinger. I thought that PMH didn't work on act bosses, but I see that I was wrong. That would really help a ton. Maxxing out the CB on merc also a must- another alternative would be a Cresent Moon on him, but even if it works maximally, it only gets you to 1/2.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

"Drogma's"

Hmm. Sounds like some sort of boss type in an early Zelda game... Could that be so?

Anyway, shopping for a LR wand is easy (but be sure you have some 500k if the first happen to have other expensive mods!) so that's your best bet. And the Prev. Mon. Heal.

7. annr

annr IncGamers Member

every post you make i give a little lol

8. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

Well, Drognan sounds to too much like TROGDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, dude always rips me off somethin' terrible. Bastard. Like, if he's so tough (note his demeanor when you get to town), and loaded down with all these freakin' wands, why doesn't he get his sorry, turban-head out there and take down some of those stupid saber cats with me? To top it off, the tight bastard wants to charge me 500K for wand with LR charges and 7% mana steal???? Drognan, my man, the damage on that little stick is a whopping 8-18, it ain't really gonna do anything to those vipers but piss em off...