Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Assigning skills to mouse....

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Wolv, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Assigning skills to mouse....

I keep seeing peeps have certain weapon/spell assigned to left/right mouse button. I didnt think it was possible. Left mouse seems to only allow U to move and combat hand-to-hand. I tried assigning in option menu, but it doesn't let U assign a specific skill to the mouse buttons...

Signed,
    feelin stooopid

Feelin stoopid cuz I've played this game a long time, and I'm only now trying to increase my change of skill speed to be more efficient. Amazing how much less I die on runs when I can switch skills quickly instead of reaching for F5 lol

I also have skills assigned to scroll wheel, but when U have em all on there U end up scrollin a bit til U find the one U need...

grrr

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Easy fix to that...
    move your mouse over to the left skill icon and click on it, it will show which skills you can assign to it. Same with the right side skill icon as well.

3. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Don't worry about it, if your think your stupid, what does that make me. I only played db2 for the meagre 3-4 years and i never noticed this until built my first paladin, latelast year :D

4. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

One hand on your 3 main hot keys (keep them close to each other) and the other on your mousie. I am not sure what you are asking so if I explaine wht you know forgive me - I am sleepy.

If you click on the little box that shows your skill selection (either left or right of your stamina bar) you can set what your mouse button will do. The right one will change depending on which hot key you hit (usually F1-F8) but the left will stay the selected one until you mouse over ther click on it and pick another.

An example is a conc/zerk barb. if you want to use cancentrate as your main attack mouse over to the left attack square click it and select the concentrate icon thingy. Then mouse over the right button and select the Zerk icon. Your F keys can switch the right mouse button hot key without changing the left.

Play with it a little to get the hang of it. (and like I said, if I have just expalined stuff you knew please forgive my fuzzy brain)