Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Assassin Variant

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Fafner, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Assassin Variant

New(improved) assassin variant...I found this new one while lurking in Assn Forum (my second home).

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=152245

Looks nice, needs some good equip but the guy claims he finished HC players 8!!!!!!!!!! (Ancients p1)

That would be something to add to the sticky of builds if this is true. All I know about DC is that it's the fastest non-zeal type attack in the game. Good lord another build for me to try post-thesis.

2. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

The build is possible, but this build is weaker on protection compare with other assassin build. First I have to pick a mistake that guy made - ITD does not work with Boss or champ, just as it does not work for PvP, the idea to use ITD weapon against boss/champ to overcome AR problem is hoax. I have no idea why so many people believe in ITD against boss/champ, anyone kindly explain (It never worked, after these years of D2, everyone should know). :scratch:

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Great !! :grrr:

*adds another name to the long list of "things-to-do-before-i-die" *

4. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

The probleme stay the number of guides assassin already written around DC. I don't have the impression to read something new. Anyway that stay a great job to read.

5. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

He claims ITD works on bosses. Nope I didn't read carefully enough.

The only reason I brought it up was that it sounded like a viable MA HC build, and one with DC to boot. Our guide has only 2, MA TS-Dtail and Trapper. Playing with traps alone in HC would scare me...a lot. For example, LI Frenzytaur champion pack, CoS sorry no dice, MB if you're lucky, ESC if you realize it soon enough. I played a regular trapper and a hybrid trapper (lose some trap damage, gain D-talon) and the hybrid is hands down the winner. Dueling is another story, but since I haven't ever dueled I'm no help. I was just hoping our section could have a couple more assassin guides since it is the one class with least variety posted (barbs got jipped as well).

6. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

If you read some of the input from the members of the assassin forum, they point out that ITD doesn't work on bosses but -%def does and that you shoud use that against them instead,

7. DeathMaster

both -%def and -def work for boss/champ, that's why NF (If I remember correct name) pointed "use -100%def against boss" out befor the latest crash.

The whole ITD "believe" is more like a religion, you just believe it, regardless how wrong it is.

I guess I can never have a religion, I have to see the hard proof before believe it.

8. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

ITD doesn't work against Champions/Uniques/Bosses. However, as Shade pointed out before, -% defense works at reduced effectiveness against them, also...half effectiveness I believe, so your EthEthEthEthShaelShael Phase Blade reduced Baal's Defense Rating by 50%, not 100%.

9. DeathMaster

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I blame Durf. :thanks: