Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Assassin Trap MB questions - PVP

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Squarekiddo, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Squarekiddo

Squarekiddo IncGamers Member

2. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Re: Assassin Trap MB questions - PVP

Standard trapper it will work.......Rest of the points In Mind blast and I would not bother with the blade skills they wont do much damage to be of use.

3. Squarekiddo

Squarekiddo IncGamers Member

im gonna play with a bvc barb in 2v2, i do not think any higher then 1 in Mind blas is required, its gonna be like 15 at least anyhow

4. RealmOftheWolf

Can never have enough stun alternative skills can be Fireblast for PvM and the odd pvp occasion but seriously on the blade skills they take 3/4 of your weapons damage and the most common ubur trapper weapons have under 100 damage.

My trapper uses.

2 Sin 20 FCR 20 all res circlet socketed with Cham
    Enigma
    Hoto/SS or spirit
    Magefists
    Arach
    Tri res boots with FHR
    sojx 2
    2 sin 10 FCR amulet.

Works Great...

5. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

You need the rest in MB especially since it is a 2v2. My two cents?: maxing that is worth more than SW as a synergy.

6. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Why use hoto on a trap sin. I thought you need to dual weild claws and obtain fcr from other gear.

7. RealmOftheWolf

There 2 completely different styles of play......
    Claw/Claw is usually very damaging but usually requires sacrifices if the gear isn't optimal.
    Weapon/Shield is usually very safe and has a little less damage compared to a dual claw assassin but is more than adequate.

Usually its C/C uses fade and W/S uses BoS

8. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Yes but you can hat decent breakpoints with c/c while using fade. That what my strategy would be to do. I may build a c/c trap sin for pvm some day down the road because they are a fun char to play. I could go dual tucs for mass fhr. Shael main side tuc for ias and put a 15 all resist jewel on left hand tuc. I would have to consider ias in sin circ also to max out ias.

9. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

W/S is a team oriented play (spirit + HotO for 174 FCR usually), or a block & DR focus (Spirit PB for speed with SS for DR and Block). C/C will do best vs zons and casters and is usually the other side of the FCR w/s builds.

10. RealmOftheWolf

Well its pretty easy to get max laying speed with runic talons/Greater Talons especially if you use Magic claws.

Witchhunters/Cunning Greater/Runic Talons of quickness will get you 99% of the way there.

Use a claw along the lines of

Cunning Greater Talons of quickness(for lower requirements)
    3 LS (Base mod)
    2 sockets from larzuk
    1 jewel with 15 IAS/15 Resists
    1 jewel with 15 Resists/7FHR

Max trap speed with just this claw and no BOS

(42 is the required amount)

11. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

@RealmOftheWolf: your sin build looks functional but I would change some things around.
    dancers are imo the best trapper boots on any trapper, and if you can get resists elsewhere to get max res while on BoS they outshine tri-res boots by far. 25dex/2sd/fhr/desink boots. godly for a max block build, godly for any trapper actually.
    idk if I agree with 2x soj, you don't really need *that* much mana to spam, and bk is nice for the small hp boost.
    but your build is pretty functional as is, so tweak it to whatever you think suits you best.

also I found a spirit pb swap pretty useful on what would otherwise be a pure hoto+bos build, 2x 15/15 in helm + 15/15 in ss = max trap speed on fade, you can get cnbf from raven, you do lose out on +2 skills you would have, but this gives you an option to fade in duels where you want high resist stack or want to get rid of amp in teams.

@c/c vs w/s: c/c 102fcr is the standard for tpk and is considered the most solid trapper build overall vs all. w/s does better vs leap/bowa teams and vs things like grief charging pallies and bvcs 1v1, but has a *lot* of problems vs a good necro compared to a c/c sin where it's still difficult vs a good opponent but nowhere near as bad. other casters are also easier on c/c. and c/c works out better for trap vs trap.
    both variants are viable its just different matchups are easier/harder.

@rest of thread: there are some other w/s variants which can work pretty well, with *ideal* equipment it is actually possible to get w/s maxblock on a pure vita build @ level 99, this isn't really practical on closed bnet and most w/s builds do invest in dex, but just know this is a possibility.
    It allows for switching up between a 174 vita setup and 102 maxblock when needed. the 102 maxblock swap setup something like:
    safety craft 2sin/fcr/dex amulet
    2x fcr/dex/+ rings
    2/20/dex circlet with dex/++ jewels (or cham'd helm if needed)
    dancers, tgods, magefist
    hoto/ eld'd stormshield
    there was a period of time a few years ago where this setup was popular on d2pk (priv realm not on bnet) as it allowed 102fcr/43dr/85lr/4.7k hp for tpk duels, and had the option to switch to 174vita when physical damage was not an issue. It does have lower trap damage than going with a pure 102/maxblock setup that uses ring slots for +skills, but trap damage is not that important in tpk as 1v1.

So you do have some options to think about, but the build stated by RealmOftheWolf is pretty solid itemwise as well and would be easier to pull off.

for a skill build, this has been stated by others in this thread but max mindblast first.

standard trapper skilling:
    1 fade
    1 shadowmaster
    20 mindblast
    1 wof
    80 light sentry (synergies max out at level 99, so level up as high as you want)

and don't forget to make use of 1 point utility skills, fireblast being the main one, but also ph and cos have some use. you will have BoS on most of the time for a w/s build however having a fade setup and a point in fade is a good thing.