Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Assassin skill question for 1.10 users please

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shar17, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Shar17

Shar17 IncGamers Member

Assassin skill question for 1.10 users please

I heard that Blizzard has given the "Venom" skill a fixed duration in version 1.10. Also heard that "Burst of Speed" and "Venom" will now stack (they won't in version 1.09). Is it true of the above? If so, what is the new fixed duration for "Venom" please? Thinking about upgrading to 1.10 and this is some info I would like to know before/if I do.

Thank you! :)

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Venom is 0.4 seconds. You can't increase this by any means, so any other poison damage you have will be reduced to 0.4 seconds as well, massively reducing their damage. Venom is, however, probably the most powerful poison damage source around.

You can now use Venom and either BoS/Fade at the same time.

3. Shar17

Shar17 IncGamers Member

"Venom is 0.4 seconds. You can't increase this by any means, so any other poison damage you have will be reduced to 0.4 seconds as well, massively reducing their damage. Venom is, however, probably the most powerful poison damage source around.

You can now use Venom and either BoS/Fade at the same time."

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply Shade!

Due to the massive duration nerf to "Venom" :rant: I believe I will stick with 1.09.

Thanks a ton!! :)

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Well, if you keep hitting every 10 frames or so, you get something like 1000+ extra damage per second, which is pretty handy.

5. Shar17

Shar17 IncGamers Member

But shouldn't poison be damage over time?? With a 0.4 duration it's like a +75 elemental damage stat to your weapon. The skill isn't hurt, but the principal of how poison should work has been horribly nerfed imo!! :rant:

6. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

No, because the AMOUNT of poison damage dealt by Venom is still the same--it just takes place over a smaller period. A level 20 Venom will deal 420-445 poison damage over its 0.4 second duration, so as Shade said, you can easily get +1000 poison damage per second so long as you keep hitting to refresh the Venom timer--and getting a 0.4 second hit for an Assassin isn't a tricky task!

7. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

What I think he means is that every other poison source deals massive damage over an extended time. With Venom having a .4 second duration, it has become more of a quick elemental damage source (like vengeance, fe), so it no longer "feels" like a poison skill

8. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I suppose that's true, but an Assassin should poison things quickly so she can get out and assassinate more stuff, yes?

...just messing with you. :p

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

An Assassin Does not need the long durations of poison damage. The problem with poison has always been that when you hit the target a second time it negates the first poison damage. So in effect those charms and other poison sources only worked for .4-.5 seconds before the 1.10v so to say they are worthless is not exactly true. If you are meleeing with poison they deal about equal damage as they did before. However Venom now deals the same damage over a much shorter time frame thus making that skill more useful. The reason not to use Venom is when you are using either a stunlock or Knockback. Knockback allows you to poison several enemies and let the poison to work over time.