Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Assassin leftover points...where to allocate them

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Afro AmeriZON, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Afro AmeriZON

Afro AmeriZON IncGamers Member

Assassin leftover points...where to allocate them

Ok I just reached level 81 (my highest character yet) with my first assassin attempt in 1.10, she can currently do baal runs just hasn't done the quest yet. So I did a death sentry with full synergies of fire blast and lightning sentry. All 3 are at lvl 24. I am also doing martial arts so I put a point into tiger strike and DT for a finishing move with + skills they are at lvl 7 each. I also put 1 point into master or warrior(whichever is the lvl 30 one) it is at about lvl7 with + skills. Now I have 17 skill points left, should I max the shadow minion or should I put more into my martial arts skills. This build is actually working very well in hell especially with a lower res wand on switch. ok any suggestions what to do with those points? I have a might merc only lvl 48 at the moment so I am trying to lvl him to my lvl to use his gear. Thanks in advance.

2. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

Personally, I would put the rest of those points into Shadow Master. A high level master is easily the most powerful minion in the game, and will probably even outclass your mercenary. The fact that they can use almost all of the same skills that you can means that they may kill almost as fast as you. Plus the fact that she'll only die if she gets into a serious mess...in which case you can simply cast another one!

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

You sound like a trapper with a few useless MA skills to me. I'd probably max Lightning Sentry at this point, or you could be different and max Wake of Inferno instead (already have two synergies maxed). After that I'd maybe start working on your Shadow. MA skills aren't very effective killers with less than 40 pts invested, unless you max DTalon and load up on Crushing Blow, so go the Trapper route.

4. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Max fade if you have not done so.

5. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

wow, hey guys, dont tell him his build sucks if its working for him ^_^ lol

it sounds to me as though you kill monster number 1 with tiger strike then lay down death sentry to clear out the rest correct?

here are a few options though, moste have already been said already:
    get as many points into fade as you nead (including +skills) to have max resists.

if you have max resists w/o fade and want to keep your res equip. on then get some into BoS to get a fastest attack you can so you can get your first corpse faster with TS.
    place more into TS to get your first corpse faster
    chose a trap, lightning sentry or wake of inferno and become a pure trapper
    max the shadow master because really, she is THE best minion in the game. (sure, the valk has the D/A/E passives, but shes not got the offensive skills of the shadow)

which "DT" are you using? dragon talon is the multipal kicks lvl 1 finisher, dragon tail is the single kick adding fire dammage. personally i wouldnt do eather of these unless you can max them. just charge tiger up and release it with a normal attack.

something else to look at is your claw that you hit with to charge TS up. maby it can be upgraded to a tucks or a shadow killer for that extra dammage from TS.

hope i helped somewhat :)

6. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Couldn't agree more BaNiSeR - I now am maxing tiger on my LS sin - just to add a bit of variety to what seems to have become quite a boring to play build.

I would also suggest Fade - to free up some gear spaces for either ias or ed for martial arts whichever you decide to go with.

It is good fun playing a hybrid sin tho - so if you are comfortable with your res I can recommend maxing Tiger - and if you are going dual claw - make sure you get claw block up to 50 - 60 %

Shadow master I think gets unique equip at level 18 - so if you have hit that with + skills I wouldn't invest any more

Have fun whatever you go with:)

Chill

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

If it were me I would get master in the 20's with skills dump the rest in a synery or pump the TS.

Max fade works but it is a hell of a lot of waste points IMO, the resists are pretty capped out at much lower lvl than Max and the PDR could be done wiht gear.

Nice job on not being a cookie cutter!

8. Afro AmeriZON

Lightning sentry is maxed because it's a synergy for death sentry. No the MA is actually working good because I have a ton of leech and I use goreriders for the crushing blow.

9. Afro AmeriZON

Thanks, I didn't want to be a cookie cutter just wanted to be able to survive and it's working well whether I use traps or melee which I was surprised. I was going to put more into fade but it's already lvl 7 with + skills so I didn't to waste to many points in that since all my resists are in the positives in hell without fade with light res at 75% and fire at about 60%.

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Blah... I meant one of the synergies for LS, DOH!

11. Afro AmeriZON

haha trumpet, i thought that's what you meant but I just wanted to make sure. Baniser the build actually doesn't suck...like I said she's doing quite good, I just need to get my merc up to par. But I usually throw down the death sentry then run up and start hitting with the lightning and me hitting them they go down quite quick once things start exploding. I think i'm either going to put the points in master or TS because my merc will be able to tank once he can wear his gear. I'm not the richest person but I do ok with what I have. My equipment is que hagens, gore riders, bloodfist, nats helm, 199% tucs, 2/1 199% jade talon, IK belt, rare ring with +6 mana steal, +19 life, 20+ fire/lightning res. Rare ring with +6 life steal with +mana, 20+ cold res and I think poison res. Crappy ammy +2 mana steal. On switch I have a lower res wand and a eth tiamats. I need to definitely replace the ammy. and I am going to try to get ahold of a t-gods and then "ort" the que hagens to make up for the lightning res loss i'll be taking from getting rid of IK. I want to upgrade the tucs, it's just I don't have the resources to get the runes to do it. I'm trying though. Eh, it works for me and I am having fun, that's all that matters right? Anyways if anyone wants to play *dizablo_iii on East ladder is the account, i'll be on a little over the weekend. Thanks for the replies. Is my thread not good enough to get hijacked by the rabbit? haha. peace.