Assassin advice needed

Jude

Diabloii.Net Member
Assassin advice needed

Does any know if an Assassin's Blade Sentinal does physical or magical damage? I mean in the sense of will it work against a monster with high magic resistance? Is it any good against Diablo or should I put my points into something else?
Jude

tenaka

Diabloii.Net Member
It does what your weapon does. So partially physical but can have some elemental damage if you have a weapon with a lot of elemental damage on it.

Jude

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks a lot! Is there an easy way to figure out which skills/attacks are physical and which are magical or elemental?

I have read the D2X official strategy guide that came with the Battlechest and I still can't seem to find the answers to stuff it seems a lot of people here know.

Jude

PyroStock

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks a lot! Is there an easy way to figure out which skills/attacks are physical and which are magical or elemental?
Most specifically say poison, cold, fire, lightning, or magical by moving the cursor over skill in the skill tree. Such as BoneSpear "Magic Damage 2-20".

If it just says "Damage" it's physical, like Blade Sentinel, Blade Fury, Strafe or Tornado. Volcano has a portion that says Damage (which is physical) and another portion that says Fire, so it has some physical and some fire.

The exceptions...

CorpseExplosion = Half Fire and Half Physical
Static = Lightning (in the Lightning Tree)
HolyBolt Damage = Damages only Undead (I think it's magic)

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
To learn about the blade sentinal/shield skills the Shredsin PvM guide is helpful. Even if you don't have an Ohm rune for Chaos (most of us don't) it's a good read.

PyroStock

Diabloii.Net Member
Fafner said:
To learn about the blade sentinal/shield skills the Shredsin PvM guide is helpful. Even if you don't have an Ohm rune for Chaos (most of us don't) it's a good read.
That's a good point since elemental charms/equipment can be applied to BladeSentinal and BladeFury, not to many other skills.

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
I just asked about magic damage skills awhile ago. skills that do "magic" damage are as follows:
Amazon Magic Arrow
Paladin Holy Bolt (damages only undead but ignores magic resistance/immunity) (also applies to bolts from Fist of Heavens)
Paladin Blessed Hammer (ignores demon & undead magic resistance/immunity)
Necro Bone skills (Teeth, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit)
Barbarian Berserk (and any skill synergized with Berserk damage)
Assassin Psychic Hammer & Mind Blast

the only critters in the entire game naturally immune to magic in Hell are:
Guardian, Unraveler & Horadrim Ancient (undead - Greater Mummy types)
Plague Bearer (undead - Zombie Type)
Wailing Beasts (Wendigo type)

Mankey

Diabloii.Net Member
Jude said:

I have read the D2X official strategy guide that came with the Battlechest and I still can't seem to find the answers to stuff it seems a lot of people here know.

Jude
Its been a while since I looked at that guide but the battle chest shipped with v 1.07 gold IIRC... Since we are talking about 1.10 now some slight changes have been made. The arreat summit makes for a damed good read.