Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Assasin skills

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Elfie, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Elfie

Elfie IncGamers Member

Assasin skills

I'm playing Diablo not so long ago and my boyfriend advised me to have an account here. Could you tell me what is better: Assa with dragonclaw-shadowmaster-tigerstrike or trap Assa?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Hi there and welcome to our forums.

The Assassin Forum is the best place to get an answer on Assassin builds and such, I'll move the thread there for you.

3. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

A trapper is faster and more efficient, a close combat assassin is more fun.

Just my opinion. If you are trying to get richer or get better gear, a trapper is best, because meleesins can't really MF very much.

4. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

Are you perhaps the girlfriend to the guy who asked how to make his girl play d2 in the community forum? ;)

If so you'll be playing single player I think.

dragonclaw-shadowmaster-tigerstrike requires much left/right clicking and traps is just right click. So it depends if you like clicking alot. :p

5. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

If you go with Tiger Strike, I would choose Dragon Tail as a finisher.

These is just something nice about those explosive kicks (they are also pretty damaging).

6. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

I found that a trapper is much easier until u get to hell.

Then you run into tons of monsters that are immune to your traps. Well lightning based traps. Which is what most trappers use.

I started out with trapper and then at end of NM I am added dragon talon and dragon flight just for immunes and finish up bosses.

Dragon flight is great because it teleports my merc and SM with me to monster I want to take out.

Dragon talon is fastest attack in game for effective crush blow. Crush blow is great for bosses because it removes a fraction of their life, like 1/8 or so. So you kill it in 8 hits instead of 100s.

So I suggest you start with trapper and then develop melee capabilities in NM before you enter hell. Always use your traps as your primary weapon and only melee when u find LI or need to use crush blow on boss monsters.

I recommend that you get a merc and SM also.

7. Elfie

Elfie IncGamers Member

thank you!

8. Elfie

Elfie IncGamers Member

jimmah, if his name is Evah, i am!

9. Elfie

Elfie IncGamers Member

actually, i started with combat, but on nightmere there were some difficulties so i'm afraid that it will be much more difficult on hell

10. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

welcome to the forums :smiley:

Trapper is your best bet when untweaked if you ask me (and most other I believe), combining the lightning traps with fireblast gives you two elements of damage that you can spam while staying away from danger. Death sentry helps clear the rest once you've killed a cupple in any mob.

btw, bumping might make the moderators angry, take a minute and read the rules for staying safe from their wrath :wink3: