Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Assabear, Need help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Gimmershred, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

Assabear, Need help

hey everyone,

After making a succesfull bearama it is now time for a bearassasin. Looks like fun and after i thought about it it doesnt seem so bad.

Pros:
    1)weapon block saves massive dex investment coupled with the life increase from bear she gets insane life and decent blocking.

2) 2 available skills for different duellers. Bos makes up for the slow run/walk from the bear. Fade gives an excellent damage reduction.

3) runic talons with 60 ias on them will hit 3fpa. This is faster then any attack in the game. I however are gonna use chaos runic talons for 4 fpa, cause i have 1 already.

4) no-one can disagree that a faded superfast bear doesnt have style

Skills will be:
    20 claw mastery
    20 weapon block
    20 venom
    20 fade
    1+bos
    1+shadow master
    1+blade shield (maybe more points cause of the short duration and i cant cast it in bearform , dont feel like shifting back and forth in mid of duelling)

Now for the questions i have:

i am planning to use the following:
    chaos runic talons
    +2 shadow 20 str 20frw res circlet
    angelics amu+rings
    trang belt for cbf life
    bloodfists for fhr life
    gore riders for ow ds cb
    armor?????
    offhand claw?????

on switch i use cta offcourse to increase life even further

what armour would be best, is it worth it to use fortitude? the damage of runic talons aint that great and maybe the 300% ed from forti won't do much

maybe enigma? +2 skills frw , strenght is all good. more frw will let me use fade vs some slower chars. the less str the more i can invest in life and the +2 skills support my venom

or maybe nats armor with 3 poison facets or bramble ? my venom damage will be the main damage source on this build then

Now for the offhand claw.

does open wounds from fury triggers when i dont hit with that claw ?(only the chaos will land hits) is fury the best claw then? or would a nice jade talon complement the build more. My res wont be very high with the equip i mentioned so i am leaning more towards using a jade talon with an um in it for some more ow.

i know i ask many questions but i hope some pro ww-assas will look it over cause some of the things here are quite similar to it and i am really eager to start building this char.

2. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

If you go full bear you must use Fury runic as your main and jade for off.
    BUT!!! : if you use 2 x claws your attacks are to slow i suggest a 6Sock PB (4shael, 2x15 res +str)
    In bearform you can't ww btw.
    For Great dmg try to pre-buff your venom ( i do 6.8 k dmg with chaos claw and 6.4 k with fury on my wwsin -----> lvl 53 Venom pre-buff with TO, perf Bramble)

never tried to create a bearsin so let us know something please :thumbsup:

3. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

you said "a faded super fast bearasin" you can't stack fade and BoS, but you can put poison w/ one of them (example: Fade and poison, or BoS and poison, but not fade and BoS). But other than that, it looks like a cool (and possibly good) build (non-cookie cutter :D ). Good luck... actually, i got a question, if i had 2 Jade Talons on my switch weapons slot (didn't use them) would i get the resist bonus from them?

4. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

n :D

5. Gimmershred

yes, you are right there.

Why is my attack too slow when i use 2 claws? in bearform only 1 claw will
    attack, the first i equip r does it work otherwise? i am curious to hear more about this. if i won't be using dualclaws i need to invest heavily in dex, then the advantage of the high life will be gone

i know that, i made bears out of many chars, i'll be using normal attack.

Aah i forgot to mention trang oul, i'll be using that instead of bloodfists. i'll get my fhr from something else. what do you think will be the best armor for this bear. is fortitude an option considering the damage from claw and damage from bear and fast attack? or should i rely purely on venom and open wounds?

6. Gimmershred

As i stated i will use fade vs melee opponents and bos to catch casters. i know i can't equip them both at the same time. you won't get the res bonus from the talons by the way if they are on the other switch.

7. Joergermeister

Joergermeister IncGamers Member

So your making a "bear-ass".... Well I'd stick with the dual claws.. and I'm pretty sure that when your attacking the claw that is in your characters right hand or the left side of the inventory screen will be the one attacking... I am assuming this is PvP since your talking about chasing casters and such.... If you were to use enigma you'd have teleport so fade could be left on against casters and you could also divert even more points from strength to vitality...

Good Luck and let us know how it works out....
    *NiteHawk

8. Gimmershred

thanks for the info on the claw swinging. About the teleport. Tele doesnt work when in bearform and shifting back and forth takes way too long.

9. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Wow. 3 frames? Was this assuming you could WW as a Bear or is this still possible? That's like 8 attacks a second. I find Greater Talons while hell cow running for socketables all the time. With some MF and a lucky rare find with 40% IAS and decent ED, you could simply upgrade to Runics and socket a Shael.

10. Gimmershred

according to this calculator runic talons with 60 ias hit 3 frames indeed assuming you use normal attack as an assbear.
    i have some rare blade talons with 40 ias wich i can upgrade but the ed sucks so i think i can better use fury. Gambling blade talons is an option. I been doing that a while in act5 anya

calculator: http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/wereformadvanced.html

11. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

If you aim such godly speed equip your assassin with as much as possible damage boosters,because of the very week main-weapon-damage (22-44 base), like: Fortitude armor, Phoenix shield, Guilluame's face - DS/CB/FHR (socet with 40ed/-15req), highlord amu (because of the deadly strike), Gore riders or maybe War traveler (i am not sure what is better for this build), Bloodfist gloves (life/fhr), godly rare STR/FHR/life/resistance belt.
    Use as much as possible 10max/ar/3x-4x life grand charms (or 3/20/20 for dupers).
    But with this items the character will have not enough res, so use fade instead Bos.

12. Gimmershred

yea, max damage charms help this build a lot. but i don't think i can afford many of those =( . res sucks indeed without fade, but if you cant deliver the damage, res doesnt matter, i tried several bears with +-100frw and even then its a pain in the ass catching casters. I rather walk much faster then have 70 res from fade. Maybe as helm a ummed kiras will be better then the circlet i described. It also frees the beltslot for verdungo for better dr.

Phoenix +forti is impossible. You will get a bear with no chance to block and mediocre life (high str req). It would be the same as my eth tombreaver fury druid , only with less life. Great damage but dies too fast.

i think indeed forti might be the nicest on this build. with venom and some open wounds life will drain pretty quick. I tried to shop cruel runic talons of quickness but anya almost doesnt sell runic talons , so it's quite hard to find those. If anyone on europe ladder has some nice rares or magic runic talons i'd love to have em=))

the problem for this build to work lies in finding the ideal way to use bos meanwhile remain nice res and decent damage and some frw. maybe kiras for res , cbf, fhr and mav belt for supplemental 20%frw. The 3%frw charms that are available on ladder seem to be a waste of charmspace on this char.

Ok fo so far i came to the following conclusion for gear:

Armor: Fortitude
    Claw1: cruel runic talons of quickness , socketed shael (3fpa) or fury feral claws (4fpa)
    Claw2: Jade talons
    Armor: Fortitude
    Boots: Gore riders
    Rings+amu: Angelics
    Helm: Ummed kiras vs casters,
    Belt: Mavinas crappy belt for the 20frw or verdungos vs melee or 24 fhr, life res rare belt (woohooo i have a nice 1)
    Gloves: Trang oul or Bloodfists , goal is to reach 86 fhr , bears recovery sucks

Res: 80 kiras 30quests, 18 anni, 40 jade = 68 all res. 3x shimmering sc's for little bit stacked. weapon block to block some elemental.

DR: +- lvl 30 fade= 30%dr, with my verdungo i hit 43% and gain 40 vita
    FRW: with +- lvl 18 skillevel bos and 50% frw (30%gores 20% mavbelt) i hit 95% effective run walk, wich is freaking fast.

FHR: 20 kiras and 30 bloodfists :50 , 46 needed on charms 4x12% shadow skillers

Now my damage is sucky, I need more deadly strike but without angelics my ar will suck severely. This is were the fury claw kicks in , instead of 3fpa you hit 4 fpa with a nice 209% ed runic talons and a wopping 33% deadly strike + 15% deadly from gores.

the rest of the charmspots will be filled by max damage/ar/life charms.

So , you think this is the optimal equip for the bearsin?

13. Pherdnut

Now it's time to enter Baal runs randomly and say, "rare cruel masters mechanic's rune talons of quickness slaughter and simplicity 4 fre plz."

14. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

maybe you could create on singelplayer a char and edit it ?
    so you can see if it works fine, saves your time when you create a new char on closed :thumbsup:

15. Gimmershred

i heard about it but i never tried to download a singleplayereditor, i don't know if i can ask it here but whats the program called and where do i find it?

16. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

clicky

The PvP bearsin idea came hunting earlier. Clan_Iraq had some interesting things to say.

17. claniraqisbackagain

claniraqisbackagain Banned

Indeed. I have a PvP werebear assassin (my wwsin using beast to shift).

The first thing I will say is weapon block DOES NOT work in wereform. Use a shield.

Second off, two weapons go slower then 1. About half the speed.

And thirdly, yarr, 100% ias g-talons hit the 2 frame breakpoint. I have been searching for artisans greater talons of quickness for a very long time. They are not easy to find >.>

For now, I use fools runic talons of quickness with 2 sockets

I can't recommend aiming for physical damage. Pumping venom instead works very well.

But otherwise the build works very well. I have 25k ar, and 3 frame attack. It can hold its own fairly well against any melee.

18. Gimmershred

Damn , that is a big dissapointment, i thought it would work because dodge/evade and avoid also work on a bearamazon. So the biggest advantage is gone =((

If weapon block doesnt work , a shield is a better option anyways

I am curious how you reach 25k ar, wich only claw mastery boosting ar in %?
    Did you count demon enchant ar with this? how much ar does fools mod give you? My bearamazon with max penetrate wich gives far higher ar boost and demon limb enchant only hits 18k ar with 2x angelics.

I am curious to hear more from you, i am on europe realm but maybe i can meet your assabear on whatever realm you are on? i would like to know what your equip is and how much life you have etc. etc. thank you for the info already, before i went making this char with dualclaws and weapon block.

I don't know if this char is really viable with the low damage and mediocre life it gets now.

19. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

This thread gets started like once every 6 months and I find it very interesting. Is 2fpa buggy or does it really work, has anyone ever tested a 3xShael artisans runic of quickness on Open?

20. Pherdnut

I don't think it's terrible that you have to use a shield. That certainly can help with resistance issues and the extra Dex will help AR issues. And hey, that's another 19-20 points that can be put elsewhere. I don't think I would build this without finding a really nice rare claw though. Although having a magic jeweler's of quickness on switchout would be awesome for applying CB to bosses I expect. With a 300+ ED -30 claw of quickness and Fort, this build would be brutal.