Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

asn noobert

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by vampiric, Feb 10, 2004.

1. vampiric

vampiric IncGamers Member

asn noobert

im fairly new to asns. big fan of druids/palis. so melee is a must. but i was wondering why no one uses charges with kicks anymore for pvp. back in 1.09 i would see melee sins take on whole rooms ect. yes ww sins are cool. but i dont like being with the crowd. was wondering if anyone knew of a pvp worthy shield/claw build that used both claw and kicks. w/o the needs of venom scince ive found it usesless in hell for pvm.

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

the only kick that's decent (still not "godly" or so) is Dtalon. And that kicks works 10 times better just by using Dtalon then using TS + Dtalon. Not to mention it's way to hard to get 3 TS charges first without dying already.

Some ppl say to max Dflight ,I say don't. It's still a "get-in-your-face" skill , no real dmg skill. And with the increase in AR you still won't hit those high def chars. And with a base lvl (1 point) DF you will hit chars like sins / druids / necs / ama's / sorc's. So it's not worth maxing to me. And again , getting 3 TS charges takes forever , so DF + TS isn't that great either.

Dtail isn't even worth mentioning for pvp. It just sucks. :)

3. vampiric

vampiric IncGamers Member

so pvp melle sins are no more then? i knwo this cant b. fist of fire was always nice back in 09. i am new to 1.10 so i could b mistaken. but i hate trappers with a passion. and ww sins are a dime a dozen now. why i wanted something new but effective.

4. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

FoF , CoT and BoI were bugged in 1.09 because they were uninteruptable , even in C/S mode. While it only should be in C/C mode. Now in 1.1 blizzard removed the whole uninteruptable thing to both C/C and C/S. Which was the only advantage you had over TS.

3 TS charges + normal attack to release doesn't work at all anymore , since leech is crippled really really hard. If you do 5k dmg , and you have 40% LL , and your oponent has 50% DR then you only leech back 166 life. This is if you actually can hit 5k dmg and 40% LL. Some more realistic values are 3,5k dmg (with crit / deadly strike) and 30% LL , which means you only leech back 87 life with each hit.

Then there's the fact that just about every caster does massive dmg now. Necs can do around 5 to 6k bone spear / spirit dmg (which is around 830 to 1000 dmg after pvp penalty ). Fireball sorcs doing around 12 to 15k fire dmg (with 75% fire resist this means means 500 to 625 dmg) , hammerdins doing 10-12k hammer dmg with teleport from enigma.

Melee chars can do some really nasty dmg too. WW barbs with some BotD eth weapon can do alot of dmg. I've seen chargers do over 15k average dmg per hit.

This all means you will never ever leech more life back then you receive dmg , which was the keypoint in winning with MA sins in 1.09. in 1.09 if you did 3,5k dmg with 30% LL and your oponent having 75% DR you would leech back 262 life. But in 1.09 there was the crit strike bug which means your dmg would be higher then 1.1 , and it was easier to get 40% LL (no need for highlord's for starters).

To make an end to this post.;) MA sins were screwed with 1.1. Either accept it and move on , or try to make one yourself to find it out.

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I think Dflight can be usefull maxed. If i remeber correctly the dmg could be right above 3k(+venom) with good ar to hit most opponents(over 20k with angelic rings+amu). The idea is to use a hit and run technic versus most melee chars. ww bars can pretty much screw you over if you try to dtalon them so using dflight over and over again should be a wining strategy.

When it comes to claw skills in pvp the only option is dragon claw. though i've never tried it so i can comment on it.

C-Beat