Asking for advice on new start

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Asking for advice on new start

Hey all,

I'm starting over again, so I have to pick the first char to beat the game and starting mf.

I don't want to use a sorc. It's a personal choice, I don't just want to rush teleing trought the game to hit nm meph and start farming him.

What other char/build do you think I could use to hit nm and gather mid level gear there using some mf?

The idea is play around with about 150-200 mf while questing/leveling and getting items at the same time, the most-rewarding magic finding for me :)

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
hey
if you want to go untwinked, id say the best choice is a skellemancer.
its easy and fun to play with

if you want action, hammerdins are really really powerful, but you need some quite rare items for him (ie. HoZ - must, wizardspike - must)

good luck

edit: typo

seige

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say a Skellimancer. Theyre fun and can mf well with just about all mf on. But then I'm biased as I love skellies :)
Good luck with whatever you decide on.

- Jas :howdy:

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
I like skellimancers too, but I usually play them on hc, for his natural safe play style...

And yes I will go untwinked.

seige

Diabloii.Net Member
I like skellimancers too, but I usually play them on hc, for his natural safe play style...
As do I Rugruth, they make good MF'ers and as you said are a safe character. I have one going atm that is completely naked as is farming Normal Mephie hoping for something for his Moron before venturing on :D

- Jas :howdy:

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Traps assain is also pretty straightforward! +skills claws can be bought at vendors and nothing in Nighmare can stand up to Death/Lightning sentry combo. Mind Blast/Cloak Of Shadows makes is just as safe as a skellymancer.

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice, I like trappers too.

What about a wind druid on NM guys? I've read they need heavy twinking for hell, but what about on NM untwinked?

So far skellymancer is my fastest option for self-rush...

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Pretty much any hard-hitting skills using character (most types of Sorceresses, traps assasin, Wind Druid, etc) can powerhouse through Nightmare without great gear. The hard skill points you have spent alongside a couple of +skills will be enough damage, and there's almost no immunes:)

supermatt

Diabloii.Net Member
i'd be incluned to try a Fanatic Zealot. they're not to mana intensive and have built in defense boost and wonderful utility auras

:) matt

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Well thx all for tips.

I think I will try a windy druid. I've never played this kind of char untwinked, maybe I will have some trouble playing the first 30 lvls or so while elemental damage is near to nothing.

Tips for bypassing that problem? maybe some merc?
Im thinking about using well equiped and leveled merc from act 2 and some minions, maybe if I can find some item with +skills to wolves...

I have to re-read stridje's windy guide :)

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want just NM viable build, you have a lot of options.
Tesladin, LF/CS zon, Frenzy barbarian (babas can use Find item skill)..., I listed only those not mentioned before. All these builds can do nicely on their own in hell, excels in NM, and with right gear they can excel in hell later too. (But still skellimancers, sorcs and hammerdins are probably more effective untwinked)

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Hammerdin all the way.

Huge damage, easy blocking, and even with just found/shopped/NM Meph Farmed gear you can last really easy into hell.