Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Asia

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Richard-gm39, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

Asia

Why is the realm Asia so unpopular?
    Can never find trade values or auctions and people on sites like this that play on Asia, any main reason?

Thanks

2. Glacial Trail

Glacial Trail IncGamers Member

I'm fairly certain Asia is the most popular realm by far. The reason it is hardly mentioned, however, is that most wouldn't speak English unlike the Europe realm. So there would be no point in sites like these trying to accomodate an Asian trading forum, for example, since there is no demand for one.

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Bingo. :thumbsup:

4. Richard-gm39

Well explained, it would be handy if we could have trading forums and the likes for asia.

I've also heard that asia is the most commom for dupeding/hacking is this correct?
    If so do u reccommend a switch to say USeast? I would like to, but starting from scratch again doesnt appeal to me :grrr:

5. Glacial Trail

I wouldn't know the difference between realms, though I can tell you there's no shortage of hacks and dupes on East. If you're not heavily invested in Asia then it might be a good idea to uproot (especially if you're finding it hard to trade).

Where are you from by the way?

6. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

I remmember going to Asia realm once before, when that account-stealing method was at large, and the advice was to create your same account on all the realms.

Anyways, when I went there, I don't know why, but it was COMPLETELY empty. I mean like not a single person there, in any of the channels and there were no games in the join list at all.

EDIT: I just tried Asia realm just now, and there were very few people there in the channels, and very few games. I don't know what's wrong.

7. Glacial Trail

No clue about the games, but I'd assume the channels you are directed to would only be for English speaking players on the realm?

8. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

Well, I live in Asia but I play in West becasue I like speaking English to people.

Whenever I join west, I end up in the Japanese section of chat because that is the path I take into battle-net. Once I join class or terade channels, then I get out of the Japanese area and into the community at large. Also when joining games, there is never any problem.

9. Richard-gm39

I live in New Zealand.

The reason that no1 were in the channels when you joined Asia is because no1 uses the channels listed, the main ones are chn, twn, usa. I've got no idea as to why no games were listed though.
    Hmm i may aswell stay in Asia, now that i've got a few handy items, and all realms are bascially the same.

While i'm here can sum1 plz give me a link to a max block/Dex calculator, if it helps im wanting max block on Mosers, and im a sorceress.

10. lonnie913

lonnie913 IncGamers Member

i play on asia and have been looking for people to play/trade with. ASIA1 account name *lonns* if youre interested. crazy hard to trade anything when youre the only one who speaks english.

11. Richard-gm39

Lonnie, to trade all you have to do is go to one of the trade channels, and enter what you want to buy/sell. 99% of people there speak english.

I'll whipser u when im on next!