Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

as a noob or new to this forum

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mats, Sep 6, 2006.

1. mats

mats IncGamers Member

as a noob or new to this forum

First i should introduce myself, from Sweden and what I saw from another thread, already dead but not knowing it. That is I passed 50.
    Now I usually play solo, not that I'm afraid of Pk:s (coming to that soon) but because of the pleasure to finish a area in style. That is, the forces of darkness has been defeated. Which also can give some nice suprises. And the timer I keep for the game doesn't leave others in a pickle. The timer is that when the inventory is filled by stuff, good, lowlvl, full potions. Ok, Start a giveaway game and clear spaces. Reason for last thing (giveaway), is just to share, don't want it, let someone else have it, includes shaftstop, +2amu, ..
    Now to PK. Building my third paladin because I want a torch that I know is legit.
    Time to take on Ancient's in NM and nice as a dumb *** I make a public game called "mount arreat". Sure a friendly jumps in and makes a party, going in to the tp, well get hit by a script, and a rather hard damage. Don't know if survival was because my frantical hitting on full rev or good defense. Anyway survived.
    NB this is HC.
    Question is, what is the pleasure of being a faker who uses script's to eliminate other players in HC?

A little side question. This survivor took the Ancients and has now 2 p in skills to spread. (1 before) Since I'm not a pally guy, I don't really know. Lvl = 60.
    Zeal and synergi is maxed.

Best wishes from Gothenburgh, Sweden.

2. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums!

Most if not all torches are legit so far as I know; no dupes yet. No need for duplication because torches are easy enough to obtain in game play.

As to your Paladin .. Holy Shield is a good skill to have at least one point in. Holy Shield stays on even if you use an aura. Salvation is another useful skill for those areas where you need more resists but it replaces your current aura such as Fanaticism.

3. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Re hc: NO clue why people do it. But a friend died that way. He opened a pub game and this 91 druid went in and joined our party. So we all began clearing the pits. As we got close to the second lvl I noticed a couple more monsters we hadnt killed so friend and I were a little behind. Druid said something like "why dont you come this way so we all stay together" which I thought was rather strange. So we got to 2, and I was just collecting some gold when he went hostile on all of us. His aim wasnt 100% on the money tho since he didnt get me. I remembered the advice I read in the hc forum here so what I did was I left the game, and I told friend to do the same. I then opened a game with password so the 2 of us could clear pits again. I was there about 5? minutes or so when friend asked me how I could retrieve his gear :(. so I went back but it was just him and the guy who had killed him. So neither one of us could figure a way to get his gear back. What surprised me was: the druid was talking to us one minute, and the next he was gone. BUT we NEVER saw the game say ************ left the game or he exited due to time out. Its like he just vanished into thin air. so I wonder if thats a script as well so that no one can get his account name because I've never seen it before this happened

4. roomba

roomba IncGamers Member

When someone leaves a game w/o it saying "So and so" has left the geame, it usually means that they got C/I.