Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Art of Shift Fury

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Dahkar, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Art of Shift Fury

Anyone care to explain the Art of shift fury, I want to know if i'm doing it right.

2. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

hold shift and hold down left click (use left click as fury)

explain what you are doing

3. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

geez i ferget. it auto gives you a 2 range attack or something really wierd. there isn't really an art to it tho, it's just your basic shift attack. wait, i think it.. oh nevermind. it auto does something or other, but i forget what, lol. something to do with the attack phase, i'm fairly sure.

oooooooh, it auto targets :) and it can hose you if the other guy has minions. perfect example would be a necro casting a golem behind you. you turn around to whack the golem, and the necro slides a poison dagger in between your ribs at that exact point in time. :p

where its terribly useful is when you are using a range five two handed weapon, you'll automatically hit your opponent from half way across the screen. only useful for melle only battles really. but you can pwn melle only battles by using range 5 weap and the shift key.

THAT'S where the 'artform' comes in to play. :) hitting your opponent with a high damage two handed weapon from half way across the screen, then dodging and running and slapping them again before they even get a chance to hit you. :D

4. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Ah i see... so I could dodge a few ww's then shift fury for the kill? From far enough away to wear I could move out in time before he hits me with ww. BTW i play hardcore so one fatal mistake could be the end of me :)

5. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

I suggest you practice on monsters. learn your range - know where it is.

edge toward monsters while hitting shift until you get a hit - this is the edge of your range.

when walking to wards opponents hit shift just as you get to that range.

this will almost always score you the first hit if done correctly (which allows subsequent hits)

6. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

Definitelly, practice, practice, practice. It's an artform, it takes quite a while get the feel for it, and keep 'the edge'. I would recommend practicing on critters that are notoriously fast, but plenty of levels lower than so there is no danger of them killing you.

Personally you wouldn't catch me playing Pvp on hardcore, there are just too many tricks, not to mention the occasional hack, that can be very very deadly.

Best of luck at any rate. One last bit of advise, go for the FASTEST range five weapon you can find for PvP, not necessarily the highest damage. :)

7. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

go for a doom giant thresher :)

You wont be dissapointed

Fred

8. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

thats 5 fpa, just use a ebotd great poleaxe, same speed, much more damage, and less bad mannered, and no crazy repair costs