Art Exhibition 2

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
Art Exhibition 2

The Art Exhibition is going on the road!

"Know Your Enemy" is a travelling show that will visit each Act. The pictures required are, therefore, particular to that Act and must be submitted according to the following rules:

1. Any new or existing character can compete. Any version, any difficulty, HC, SC, vanilla or (acceptably) modded.
2. One picture is required for each monster type. (E.g. for Fallen to count, use a Fallen or a Carver or a Devilkin etc.)
3. Images can be hosted by ImageShack or similar sites. (To take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" key. The image will be stored in your main Diablo II Folder).
4. Pictures must be of Unique monsters. (Original work only. No copies of other people's work is allowed).
5. Boss, Super Unique and Champion, Fanatic, Possessed, Ghostly etc. type monsters do not count. (Super Uniques spawn in fixed areas and include the likes of Thresh Socket, Pindleskin, Bishibosh, etc. The full list can be seen in ATMA's Drop Calculator).
6. One point will be awarded for each monster type pictured.
7. The entrant with the most points in an Act, wins that Act's prize. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided, by me, on artistic merit. This can be gained by the use of colour, spell effects, number of minions on screen, for example.
8. The entrant with the most points after all five Acts have been visited, wins the overall prize. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided in the same way as Rule 7.
9. Spot prizes of partial Set items will be awarded twice per Act on a random basis. (This could be the 100th screenshot submitted for example or a very clever, funny or rare screenshot).
10. Each Act prize is an ATMA stash of 20 Normal/Exceptional items from the recent MFO/Scavenger Hunt tournaments. The overall prize is an ATMA stash of 20 Elite items from the same tournaments. (All items are v1.11b, vanilla, SC)
11. Each Act will be available for submission for 1 week. Pictures for earlier/later Acts cannot be submitted during the current Act week (E.g. During Act 2 week, pictures for Acts 1, 3, 4 and 5 cannot be entered).
12. The only exception to Rule 11 is that Act 1 will be available for two weeks, to allow people to sign up.

Entries for Act 1 are accepted from now until 18:00 GMT on Sunday 06 August 2006. (Here is a time converter to help you work out what that is where you live).

Act 1 requires pictures of the following categories of monsters as listed in The Arreat Summit Act 1 Bestiary:

Fallen
Fallen Shaman
Spike Fiend
Zombie
Wendigo
Corrupt Rogue
Corrupt Rogue Archer
Corrupt Rogue Spearwoman
Skeleton
Skeleton Archer
Skeleton Mage
Goatman
Bloodhawk
Bloodhawk Nest
Tainted
Giant Spider
Wraith
Fetish
Vampire

Example:
Fallen
Corrupt Rogue
Skeleton

Code:
Forum Name	Artist Class	Artist Name	Act Points	Total Points
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atil		Barbarian	Sigon		3		3

Belgarion

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Belgarion       Druid           Belar           0               0
Of course I'm in again, Atil. It's been so much fun last time.
I can't wait to kill a few more chars while trying to take a good picture. :grin:

Jaedhann

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Belgarion       Druid           Belar           0               0
Jaedhann	Amazon		Pandora		0		0
i read the complete thread of the first art exhibition, i've got to join this one!

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Belgarion	Druid		Belar		0+0+0+0+0	0
Jaedhann	Amazon		Pandora		0+0+0+0+0	0
Good to see you return to defend your title Belgarion. With no name length restrictions I hope to see some of those 40 letter names!

Thanks for entering Jaedhann. I'm glad the first Exhibition got you interested enough to join this one.

I'll remove myself from the table now and alter it slightly to make the Act scores easier to follow.

monsinour

Banned
I will throw my hat into the ring. I will play a necro named skelliemancer ( original, i know ). I messup every code I try to add to, so if someone wants to point me in the direction of how to edit it in notepad without messing it up, that would be great.

I want to get this straight, we need a creative screenshot of a unique monster from every type in each act? So then what about guest monsters in act5?

I am kinda excited about entering and participating in my first tourny here. I hope I do well.

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
monsinour said:
I want to get this straight, we need a creative screenshot of a unique monster from every type in each act? So then what about guest monsters in act5?
Act V guests are covered in the Bestiary, so they are allowed, at the appropriate time.

To alter/add to the table:

1. Hit the reply button of a post that has the latest table
2. Delete the QUOTE boxes at the beginning and end
3. Highlight everything, including the beginning and end code boxes
4. Copy and paste into notepad
5. Type in your details, using "tab" between entries rather than spaces
6. When it all looks even, copy and paste it back over the original code boxes
7. Hit preview post to check it before posting
8. Post it

Give it a go :thumbsup:

monsinour

Banned
Code:
Forum Name    Artist Class    Artist Name    Act Points    Total Points
Belgarion    Druid        Belar        0+0+0+0+0    0
Jaedhann    Amazon        Pandora        0+0+0+0+0    0
Monsinour  Necromancer  Skelliemancer  0+0+0+0+0 0
My attempt at adding myself to the code. I am the suxor!

Code:
Forum Name    Artist Class    Artist Name    Act Points    Total Points

Belgarion    Druid        Belar        0+0+0+0+0    0
Jaedhann    Amazon        Pandora        0+0+0+0+0    0
Monsinour	Necromancer	Skelliemancer	0+0+0+0+0	0
second attempt

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Belgarion	Druid		Belar		0+0+0+0+0	0
Jaedhann	Amazon		Pandora		0+0+0+0+0	0
Monsinour	Necromancer	Skelliemancer	0+0+0+0+0	0
I don't know if tab settings are different in notepad on different computers, but don't worry about it monsinour, it's your pictures that are important.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
I would like to plague this tourney with my inadequacy ...

OK I thought I remembered how to do the tables. ... I will add it later :embarassed:

aitrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds fun, will do thank you... I'll add myself to the table when I find something =)

aitrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I would suggest using photobucket for this one. It requires registration (free) but allows album creation...
Anyway these are my entries for A1 ATM

Act 1 album

-- Act 1 --
Fallen
Fallen Shaman
Spike Fiend
Zombie
Wendigo
Corrupt Rogue
Corrupt Rogue Archer -- can someone confirm that this is an archer rougue, please =)
Corrupt Rogue Spearwoman
Skeleton
Skeleton Archer
Skeleton Mage
Goatman
Blood Hawk
Tainted
Wraith
Fetish
Vampire
Flying Scimitar
Blood Hawk Nest
Gargoyle Trap
-- 12 total --

Code:
Forum Name  Artist Class    Artist Name	  Act Points    Total Points
aitrus      Paladin         Harun         12+0+0+0+0     12
Belgarion   Druid           Belar          0+0+0+0+0      0
Jaedhann    Amazon          Pandora        0+0+0+0+0      0
Monsinour   Necromancer     Skelliemancer  0+0+0+0+0      0
Q1: Does it have to be only one character or can we post from different?
Q2: Can Flying scimitar be a boss?!

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
Great set of pictures there aitrus. I like the Wraith the most :thumbsup:

As to your questions:

1. You can use as many characters as you want. Your Act submissions just need one "lead artist".
2. I don't think Flying Scimitars or Gargoyle Traps can be Unique, which is why I didn't include them. This Exhibition may provide evidence otherwise, so if you can find them, post them.

Edit: The Corrupt Rogue Archer counts

aitrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah that Wraith pic was 'right place at the right time' since my nova doesn't trigger that often =)
Great for many characters, I was confused by table column =/
Ah, it was me, I c/p from battle.net and didn't check to see if your list was the same, silly...

This will be one fun exhibition =) I can't wait to see what others will find...

monsinour

Banned
My skelliemancer finished NM yesterday and I was collecting lots a stills from all the acts. I was going to ask if I could post partial progress but alas that has been answered. Once I get home, I will post all the act1's that I have.

BTW, if I were to be fast enough to get a screenie of the suicide bombers unique boss, would bonus points go for that?

aitrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe good luck with that suicide boss, I found two (or three) for now and first one was 'Extra fast', lol no way to picture him =) Others died as a part of crowd =/

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
monsinour said:
My skelliemancer finished NM yesterday and I was collecting lots a stills from all the acts. I was going to ask if I could post partial progress but alas that has been answered. Once I get home, I will post all the act1's that I have.

BTW, if I were to be fast enough to get a screenie of the suicide bombers unique boss, would bonus points go for that?
No bonus points would it would definately be a contender for one of the spot prizes. Like aitrus, I've seen a couple but I've never been able to screenshot them.

You can post partial progress. Just update your scores as you find the ones you're missing.

monsinour

Banned
Code:
aitrus      Paladin         Harun         12+0+0+0+0     12
Monsinour   Necromancer     Skelliemancer  8+0+0+0+0      8
Fallen
Fallen Shaman
Spike Fiend
Zombie
Wendigo
Corrupt Rogue
Corrupt Rogue Archer
Corrupt Rogue Spearwoman
Skeleton
Skeleton Archer
Skeleton Mage
Goatman
Bloodhawk
Bloodhawk Nest
Tainted
Giant Spider
Wraith
Fetish
Vampire

Those are what I have so far. I have been compiling shots for all the acts and must say that my act 5 submission is going to be rather large. As you can see, my skellie mancer made it to hell today. Entered hell at LvL 71 and like all newcomers to hell, died within 5 minutes of getting there. Funny enough, he died to the pictured quill rat.

Honestly, whom ever gets the shot of the boss pack of the bloodhawk nest should win the act 1 part.

aitrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Strange, not much interest for this thread =/

My (probably final update) for act 1

Act 1 album

-- Act 1 --
Wendigo
Corrupt Rogue Spearwoman -- a Vex in a wrong place =)
Blood Hawk
Giant Spider -- pretty thight situation =/
Fetish
Vampire
Blood Hawk Nest -- I would love to see this one =)

Code:
aitrus      Paladin         Harun         18+0+0+0+0     18
Monsinour   Necromancer     Skelliemancer  8+0+0+0+0      8

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
monsinour said:
Entered hell at LvL 71 and like all newcomers to hell, died within 5 minutes of getting there. Funny enough, he died to the pictured quill rat.
At least he died whilst getting a good picture. (Although Belgarion holds the record for the number of deaths suffered whilst trying for that one elusive shot).

Good collection aitrus. I thought the Fetish may be one of the harder ones to get, as they seem to spawn Champion a lot of times.

I hope interest picks up, otherwise you two guys are going to win a lot of items :laugh: