Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arrrghh! When will Blizz fix this FE bug in single!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kissthis, Mar 6, 2004.

1. kissthis

kissthis IncGamers Member

Arrrghh! When will Blizz fix this FE bug in single!

It hurts to die from Fire Enchanted monsters when you're looking at a full life bulb and just hit them once or twice and then you're dead from a single swat! Especially in the 90's! And the best Blizz will tell me is "we don't know when we will release a stand alone patch to address this." Well they sure fixed it online fast enough! Discrimination against the single/TCP players.....sucks bad.

2. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

A short answer to your question : never. They fixed a couple of bugs, though only on the realms as server side update... :grrr:

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

You're a second class citizen. Get to the back of the bus.

Blizzard prefers to focus on the people who use up their server resources and cost them money constantly rather than take care of the people on this forum, who fork over the money and then leave the company alone. :rolleyes:

4. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

I play hardcore. ;)

5. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

They've got some other, stranger bugs to fix. For example, the Leap Attack skill issue where it will lock the skill from being used until you save and exit. And there's the bug with gloam damage calculation. And it's yet to be seen whether charged items interacting as synergies are bugs or features. i think we might get another patch.

6. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Maybe... in another few years :lol:

7. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

or in a few decades....

crg

8. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Can these bugs be fixed by a mod? If we could mod the bugs out, maybe the SPF could adopt it as its own. It would preclude the use of battle.net, and I'll let you know when I'll lose sleep over that.

"If no one will take care of you, take care of yourself"

Steve

9. Hozze

Hozze IncGamers Member

Sure they can, not that much work involved. Convincing the majority of the SPF, not to mention the admins, to accept a mod as the "final game" might be a bigger issue...
    I'm all for it though if a patch isn't released, which i seriously doubt will happen...

10. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

If you can make a mod that only fix the FE bug, without change anything else, I'm sure SPF would see it legit. Maybe blizzard will use it as 1.11 patch, who knows.

11. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

My 46 years of experience will tell you that you couldn't get 20 people to agree on world peace, much less all the SPF players to agree to that mod.
    But what do I know, I'm an old fart that still plays Diablo II.

The freaking humanity! All the voices in my head! Could it be the beer I drunk this morning? (pulls his hair and jumps out the one story windows. Bruises bad hip). Jumps up and yells "I'm alright!"

Heey! did I just type all that? :rant:

Takis (El_Greco)

12. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

the gloom damage bug should be fairly easy for those that can mod here to fix.

atleast i read it like that when the pfrozen forum members explained how to fix the bug.

for the FE bug i dont know mayby disable the explosion upon death or something

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

ive never had the 1 hit FE death from madawc, although ive lsot abotu 2/3 of my life in 1 hit, but a few skeles to pretect me meant i had time to drink a rejev. as for glooms, they are bad. max light res and still they are to be feared....

14. DeathMaster

so true, but my 31 years of experience and few years SPF experience tell me that if a mod only fix bugs, nothing else get changed, it will have a very good chance to become legit here. I know someone consider play SC as cheating, some people consider mule is cheating, someone consider use ESC/save & exit cheating, but they are all legit. We can never get everyone agree on same thing.

But what do I know?

15. farting bob

farting bob Banned

SC isnt considered cheating by anyone, just a lesser achivement if you finsih hell or get items.
    muling with ATMA isnt considered cheating as it can be done in game (over TCP and such), and ATMA only moves items, it doesnt allow editing of the game or character, or create items. this is the closest to cheating that i think he allow and all do though.
    using ESC and exiting on near death isnt cheating because theres nothign in game that stops yhou doing it. its just saving your ***, but a wimpish sort of way. sure, you can down a rejev in the same amount of time it takes to press esc, but often panic sets in and me included, have to save and exit (i even do it sometimes in softcore, just out of my old HC habit..)
    so thats why they are all accepted. modding a game so it plays differently is not under the same category. because it changes the game so it is no longer the 1 blizz designed, no matter how small it is, many peopel will be against using it. part of the fun of the game (not in HC, thats jsut unfair) is to hoep you dont get bugged, and some peopel have built characters designed to jsut combat these bugs (like havign 95% lightnign res or high missile dodge zons.)

16. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I agree with Bob here, none of those are cheating. And while I could easily make such mod to fix those two bugs (or perhaps just the FE bug), I seriously doubt it would be accepted by the general public here. Sure it's already in the game, for realm players, but still, it's a whole different ballgame convinving people that there's nothing wrong in such mod, than convincing people that pausing the game and exiting it, or playing softcore, or muling, would be legit.

It would require a third party program/module for the game, it would alter how the game handles things. ATMA doesn't do this, it simply allows you to do what you could already do before if you had access to another computer.

I think we all should simply wait for the realm ladders to restart, and hope for the best, meaning hope that they'll include 1.11 patch while doing so, perhaps fixing charge, leap attack, gloam and FE bugs all at once, not to forget the other bugs that are there in the game.

17. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

I wouldn't think it's cheating, and we wouldn't be setting a precedent. I'm sure there have been programs and games that have been patched by individuals after the original company dropped them. By all accounts, I think Blizzard has forsaked SP Diablo II and no one is curently working on it. The problem is, we might start a flame war because some people will always accuse us of cheating when we alter the game.

By the way I vote for world peace.

Takis (El_Greco)

18. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

If someone was to make a mod the fixes the FE bug, I'd use it...Bliz screwed up (as proven by the fact that it was patched on realms) so what we as SPer are playing isn't what the game is supposed to be like according to Bliz, hence I see nothing wrong with a 3rd party mod that makes it like Bliz intended it to be (if Bliz doesn't do it and someone else will, I'll still take it). I'm not sure if gloams/lightning beetles are fixed on the realms, but if they are, I'd welcome a mod that also fixes those also.

19. DeathMaster

@bob: there are hard line D2 players around consider SC, mule, ESC cheating. long time ago, I was on a small LAN, there was a guy who too play D2. We found that we both had similar assassin build, at same clvl as well. So we had a game to beat some monsters together (he had better computer, so he hosted). We came cross something truly unholy and no way to escape (can't remember what), I hit ESC and "go home", he screamed "you cheater #@$% ...", and fight & die (he refused my advice to ESC). I was upset of 'cos, he kept calling me "cheater" the whole time, no matter what game I played, just becasue I didn't take what ever the game throw at me. I also knew some guys who only play HC AND see SC as cheating, once I was told "y cheat, y only have one life, if y die, die for good" or something similar. At that time, they had a LAN game all HC, and refuse let me in (I too had HC necro) because I "cheat" - I play SC as well.

Any long time SPF here, should know how long it took "muling" to be legit.

BTW, if someone made the bug fix mod, I will play it as long as nothing else get changed.

20. Amiron

Amiron IncGamers Member

Dont forget the FeCe bug (killed 2 of my chars) and the FeLe bug, those to are really nasty (always 1 hit kill, lost a hc barb with over 3k in life to the FeLe bug)