Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arreat Summit HP on Monsters

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by atenza, Sep 30, 2006.

1. atenza

atenza Banned

Arreat Summit HP on Monsters

Hey there, I was looking at the arreat summit monsters section to figure out how much hp monsters have... and I just got confused.

It lists say a Blood Lord (the minotaur things in Act V) as having between 10k-17k hp. Now that is a HUGE difference that I don't notice during gameplay. I was wondering if maybe they meant that in a single player game the monster has 10k hp and in a full game they have 17k. If anyone could tell me the answer to this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. Are

Are IncGamers Member

In a game with 8 players, it will have 8x the normal amount of hit points. The hit point range listed is for a 1-player game :)

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

In an 8 player game, they would have 350% the normal HP (or 4.5x the life, if you're straight multiplying the base figure). Each additional player adds 50% extra life, not 100%.

I wouldn't really use Arreat Summit anyway, because a monsters HP (and damage, defense, etc) are based off it's monster level. Patch 1.10 introduced the feature whereby almost all the monsters on Nightmare and Hell difficulty now use the area level as their mlvl (in other words, the level of the area that they spawn in). Subsequently, alot of the stats on Arreat Summit will not be correct.

It's not based on player count. Most every monster in the game has a minHP and maxHP modifier. For BloodLord creatures, this is 240 (min) and 300 (max). This base modifier is then multipled by their mlvl bonus, which then determines the monsters actual HP range.

The huge HP range that you'll see on Arreat Summit includes both ladder and non-ladder. Creatures on ladder have more HP than those on non-ladder. Arreat Summit lists a level 82 Moon Lord as having a HP range of 10507-17511, which is correct:

On Ladder, a level 82 Moon Lord has a HP range of 14008 - 17511
    On Non-ladder, a level 82 Moon Lord has a HP range of 10507 - 13134

So rather than break the two entries up, they just listed the total min and the total max HP of the level 82 Moon Level.