Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arnie wants to run for Presinator

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Stevinator, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Arnie wants to run for Presinator

I don't have a link with me here...I guess I could look, but I hearon the radio that A-nold wants to eventually run for president, but can't because he is not a natural born citizen. i actually kinda like arnie...he's actually not so far from me politically, and he's always lighthearted and funny...plus there's the incredible joke potential. I mean really. think about it...

okay...stop thinking about start a thread if you thought anything good..

so should we change the constitution to let "good" non-natural borne americans to run? Would this create a security risk? What would you say if we weree talking about Mrs. Albright? or some other liberal immigrant?

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

There's already a thread about this. Sorry. :)

3. Stevinator

whoops sorry

4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

What does "good" mean? Why does "liberal" matter?

You need to be a naturally born citizen. You also need to have lived a certain amount of time in the country. This means, I think, that even after I turn 35 I won't be eligible to run for president, even though I was born in California, because I have spent so much time overseas.

I don't think there's a good reason to change the rules in this case. If Arnie were the best of all choices to be president, then sure, let's consider changing the rules; but for god's sake we're talking about an action-flick actor who hasn't even proved himself able to run a state yet.

5. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

excellent point.

6. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Arnold is doing a very good job running the state thank you very much.

7. dodomac

dodomac IncGamers Member

How is that a point at all? Congress doesn't decide if immigrants should be able to run on the basis of how good a candidate Arnold was, but rather on the practicality of such a legislation. The only reason such a thing is considered is on the basis of constitutionality.

8. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

I dont think he ever said he wanted to run for pres for the record.

He just said immigrants should be able to be the president too.

9. Stevinator

I asked about liberals because many people say no merely because it's arnold. but this is a much more interesting question than that...think long term...if we were to change the rule, it would take many years...it might be too late for arnold to run by the time it was changed. especially since there's no big rush to change the rule. and if it were changed it would be very very difficult to change back. I imagine there are some people who don't like arnie, but might be interested in someone else running.

I agree that there is no reason to back this guy for presidnet yet...california has a lot of problems and it's going to be a tough run for him to make it through this. I think he is smarter than most people tend to believe, but I am not so sure that he's going to put california back together.

I don't see what's wrong with an actor running for president...it worked out pretty well last time. Reagan was very popular...well he got two terms anyway. won the cold war. cut taxes. I liked him...but then I was pretty young back then.

10. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

Yes!

Let the legislature put aside irrelevant issues such as terrorism, health care, crime control, etc. to focus their attention on how to amend the Constitution for a single person.

11. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Reagan raised taxes in 1982.

Y'all ought to check out the first thread on the Arnold thing. Most everyone is misinterpreting his comments. There's a partial transcript of his interview in the aforementioned thread.