Arnie for Pres?

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Suicidal Zebra said:
But don't you have faith in the American Electorate to elect someone suitable Anakha?
Hey. we're usually pretty good about it. Don't make me go off on your Royal family or some of the nuts you've had as P.M.'s :lol:

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
pfft, Colonials. Your just jealous you didn't have Maggie Thatcher as your Pres. Then you would know what right wing really means. None of this petty watered-down Republican ****.

:drool:

EDIT:

Grrr @ the new point smilie not working :(

Who said I was alone? I have my dog....although he is sleeping.

I am up because well I don't know why. I would go to sleep if I could but I have to wait until later so I don't muck up my sleep schedual more than I already have. Plus I am only really alone in the night and since I cannot sleep I am working on a catapult. The daytime is spent with family.

As for the 35 years old and stuff I'm 15 and tired....close enough. That does raise the question if you are old enough to vote at 18 why can you not lead?

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
I've gotten to the point of halucinations at one point. I was defining my leadership philosophy and was drifting in and out of awareness. made for an interesting paper anyway.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the most useful way to stay up is skittles and red bulls. But what sucks is when you have to drive for 5 hours the next day.

When LOD first came out I was up for well over a day and a half. Videogames can slaughter one's sleep scedule.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I was hallucinating, but I think it was cuz I got new glasses and they needed to be adjusted because the frame would come into the edge of my view and pretend to be a scary monster

Anakha1

Banned
Suicidal Zebra said:
But don't you have faith in the American Electorate to elect someone suitable Anakha?

In a word: no. I'd be unsurprised if the American Electorate voted in Britney Spears.

And I never pretended Canadians to be any better. The asshats in Parliament are considered gifted if they put their shoes on the right feet. In Canada we know, nay, expect our leadership to be useless. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is what I always say. See, Americans always seem surprised when whoever the elected turns out to be a lying, weasley, morally bankrupt… well… a politician. Four months into it they wise up and say “Whoops!†Not Canada. Oh no. We start hating whoever we stuck in charge right away. No waiting around, no surprises! We KNOW that whoever we elected will be, 9 out of 10 times, a complete putz. Hell, we knew that before we elected him, so it cuts down on wasted time defending the guy.

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
If I'm not mistaken...JFK is the only Catholic president we've ever elected because everyone was afraid the Pope would rule then...

And we (he) want(s) a foriegner? When we've only had 1 Non-Protestant President?
I'm no Xenophobe, but i really doubt that would happen...

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Edit: Never mind Choggy, I see your point. I just had difficulty understanding it.

I'm guessing that none of you actually watched the interview yesterday. So here's the transcript of the part of interest. Draw your own misguided conclusions:

Meet the Press said:
MR. RUSSERT: Here in Washington, Senator Hatch has introduced S.J. Resolution 15, and I'll put it on the board: "Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to make eligible for the Office of President a person who has been a United States citizen for 20 years." How long have you been a citizen?

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Since 1983, so it's more than 20 years.

MR. RUSSERT: So you're interested in this legislation.

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Man, I should look at that because it sounds really good. I mean, are you going to help me? Come on, Tim. Come on.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, actually, about 10 years ago a friend of yours named Mr. Sly Stallone had a premonition in a movie called "Demolition Man." Let's watch this.

(Videotape, "Demolition Man" courtesy of Warner Bros.)

MR. RUSSERT: If you could, under the Constitution, run for president, would you?

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Boy, if Sly would help me, I mean, of course I would. I have no idea. I haven't thought about that at all. I'll tell you that I'm so busy with our state. You know, California is a big state and a very complicated state. Right now I concentrate just on that to make sure that Prop. 57 and 58 passes, solve the problems as I've promised to resolve--our fiscal house, get that in order, get all the jobs back, make sure that we protect our environment. Those are the kind of issues--and to deal with our undocumented immigrants and those issues. So there's a lot of work ahead of me, so that's what I'm concentrating on.

MR. RUSSERT: But if someone's been a citizen for 20 years, they should have the right to run for president, don't you think?

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Oh, absolutely. I think that, you know, times have changed. I think this is now a much more global economy. I think that there's so many people here in this country that are now from overseas, that are immigrants, that are doing such a terrific job with the work, bringing businesses here and all this, that there's no reason why not. I mean, the key thing is it's just that you understand the political system, how it works. And, you know, maybe people can be great contributors. I mean, look at the kind of contribution that people like Henry Kissinger has made; Madeleine Albright. I mean, there's many, many, many people here that have worked within the government and have done an extraordinary job and not have been born in America.

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
In a word: no. I'd be unsurprised if the American Electorate voted in Britney Spears.

And I never pretended Canadians to be any better. The asshats in Parliament are considered gifted if they put their shoes on the right feet. In Canada we know, nay, expect our leadership to be useless. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is what I always say. See, Americans always seem surprised when whoever the elected turns out to be a lying, weasley, morally bankrupt… well… a politician. Four months into it they wise up and say “Whoops!†Not Canada. Oh no. We start hating whoever we stuck in charge right away. No waiting around, no surprises! We KNOW that whoever we elected will be, 9 out of 10 times, a complete putz. Hell, we knew that before we elected him, so it cuts down on wasted time defending the guy.
Yep Anakha, that is certainly an attitude I can appreciate. And heck, we pretty much invented sleezy politicians.

I think I may have gone one step beyond though. My credo is now 'expect the worst, and all surprises will be pleasant ones', and in seven years of the present government I have been surprised fewer times than I have notches in my bedpost.

BTW, they call me an optimist ;).