Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Army summoning question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Bandit, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

Army summoning question

Hey guys, I've recently been using my necro to do some key hunting and have been doing great (found and traded 6 key sets in a couple days ^_^) My only problem is that summoning my army takes longer than actually running nihl and summoner combined (I run countess as well, but to navigate through 4 levels plus black marsh takes a little while). Anyway, my question is where do you guys go to gather your army quickly? I've been going to cold plains and hope there's a flurry of fallen around, but it still takes a while to find them if they're not around...I summon 12 warriors and mages and my merc kills fast enough, just curious where everyone else goes to build the greatness that is skeletons.

2. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

Have you tried the travincal yet? ((the second to last wp in A3))

3. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Pindle is a great place to get loaded up quickly since there's a bunch of corpses on the ground already - as long as you're quick on the draw and have enough mana.

Edit: Plus you can always take Pindle down if you have some decent MF:thumbsup:

4. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

Have not tried trav yet..I'll be sure to try that out.

As for pindle...the portal closes once nihl dies and you get halls of pain wp. I unfortunately have done both. Curious though, would it be faster to do that then navigate through an extra level that, to my knowledge, is generated randomly in each game?

5. nthBULL

nthBULL IncGamers Member

i dont summon to start off normally

i just go through the tower, let my merc get a kill on the countess' minions and go from there. hes not exactly tough, might merc with non-eth cryptic axe insight, and some blues

6. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

Updated Post Down Below

7. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Oops - duh - sorry about the Pindle thing - if Nih is dead, portal is gone. *kicks himself in the shin*

8. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Just outside the gates of Hargoth (Act 5) there are 3+ corpses already on the ground in the bloody foothills -- usually can get rest army up pretty quick right there from rest of monsters in the area.
    Only exception is if there is a ton of fire skeleton archers/spearcats or thornbeasts - they can make it a bit tough -- usually confused/dimvision/attract on them will get you thru though

9. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

Code:
    [b][u]Cold Plains[/b][/u] - Plenty of low level low hp - mid hp monsters

[b][u]Trav[/b][/u] - Plenty of low hp monsters, some medium, bosses of council high hp

[b][u]Flayer Jungle[/b][/u] - Plenty of low hp monsters

[b][u]Pindle[/b][/u] - (you have wp, can't be done)

[b][u]Gates of Hargath[/b][/u] - 3+ Corpses on the ground

[b][u]Eldritch / Shenk[/b][/u] - Plenty of mobs here!

There's your list updated :thumbsup:

I'll be honest, the benefit of popping into TRAV for your summons - you can MF off of the council. May not seem like much, but if you do that for an army every game.. you should find some decent rares/magics/uniques/sets over time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shenk/Eldritch may also be MF'ed just like the council. The council is good for gold collecting as well.

PS: I hope this list helps. Try each of them out. If anybody wishes to add any, just copy the code and use the same format so it's easy to read.

10. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Navigating from Halls of Pain wp and up shouldn't be a problem. The stairs to the above floor is always in the middle of the area. Just locate where you are, and you're set. You should be up in seconds. Then just teleport out in pindleskins garden, draw up as many corpses as you can, and voila!:flip:

11. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

I usually just pick up my army as I make my way to the countess. There are usually some fallen on the way to the tower or on some of the levels.

12. garion

garion IncGamers Member

pindle is great (anya's portal) although if you're a key hunter like i was...then thats probably closed....

i usualy go to the first wp in act 5...head north and you kill eldritch...and his host of goons..head south and kill shenk and you have a bajillion things to choose to summon..even revive (i like the archers to revive)

i like that mini run since i kill two uniques in under a min or 2...=)

13. Aminal

Aminal IncGamers Member

Personally I get my army in the Marsh while looking for the tower. As I don't tele It's pretty easy to get a full army up to speed. I have 17 skellys and 16 mages

14. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

Wow, I come back from class and this forum lights up ^_^ Thanks so much for the info you guys....I'll be sure to test them all out. Funny story, I tried key hunting without any summons (save clay golem) and my merc + CE massacred everyone haha....fastest run - no skeles at all if you have merc strong enough to kill everyone easily :p

15. garion

garion IncGamers Member

yeah act 2 mercs are great cept in chaos....=)

16. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

My keyrunning exploits,
    1. Teleport fast to the countess ignoring everything.
    2. Let merc + CE kill countess
    3. Teleport to Summoner, ignoring everything
    4. Let merc + CE kill summoner
    5. Teleport to Nilathak, ignore blah blah
    6. Let merc get kill, start the CE duel with nilatahk, immerge victorious,
    7. Rinse and Repeat

Actually nowadays i only nilathak run and if i havnt used up the 30 seconds necesary, i run the summoner as well. Running nilathak is the quickest for me, under 1 minute all told, and as dkeys are the most expensive, why not just dkey run and then trade dkeys off at 2:1 to get h and tkeys.

17. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

I played a fishy as my primary char.

The only way to get FAST FAST summons is nihl portal.

I will never kill nihl again on my summoner. I'm told that you can get a ton of skellies up and running fast.

That said, I found a SoJ once just plowing around Stony field getting my army together.