Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

armour: what am I missing

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by dagee, Apr 9, 2005.

1. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

armour: what am I missing

Question: As I was reading through a thread in this forum someone mentioned how fortitude is a great amazon armour especially in combination with the bow faith (I think this was the bow mentioned). When I went on to the Arreat Summit to look it up I was les than impressed with the armour. Sure it's got some nice resistance but really that stats did not make me think that this was a must have armour, especially when compared to say prudence or even lionheart.

Now I have never worn any of these armours so I don't have first hand experience with them but I can read the stats. So what makes fortitude such a great armour (aside from the fact that it is relatively cheep to make and thus acccessible to most players)?

2. fallen angel of satan

fallen angel of satan IncGamers Member

I think you must be getting confused as fortitude is not that cheap to make, Lo runes are highly sought after nowadays, and the reason it is so good is the 300% enhanced damage is the best% ed offered by armour :D

3. damian00

damian00 IncGamers Member

I too am interested in this question. Is the arreat summit wrong? Why are people so interested in fortitude armor? Doesn't look that great to me.

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yeah the arreat summit site is messed up concerning the stats of fortitude .. i believe a fortitude armor has the stats of weapon and armor combined, as listed at the arreat summit. dunno why its messed up though.

5. Lensor

Lensor Banned

The information on the Arreat Summit is misleading. The weapon and armor get all the same basic stats, only the stats that comes from the runes themselves differ. Hence, it is the 300% extra damage that is the big seller for fortitude armor :thumbsup: .

On another note, I do not think fortitude is a cheap armor (Lo is ~7-8 ists on EuHCL) accessible to most players, but that may be just me who is poor :( .

6. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

Thank you for the clarification. Your right the arreat summit is missleading I thought the stats below the armour listing were the only stats it received. Now I see why the armour is desirable. And yes, you guys are right armour is not cheep I misread I thought it said IO not LO? oops.

7. Lensor

Lensor Banned

That is not a completely uncommon mistake, I think it was not so well thought out by Blizzard to make two runes with so similar names. Guess many a careless player have lost their Io (or worse, their Lo) misreading the formulas..

8. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

The Arreat Summit warns you of this mistake:
    "The Rune IO looks a lot like LO. Make sure you use the correct one."