armor stand probablities

Nasirjones

Diabloii.Net Member
it seems like the map seed determines the possible armor stand drops. I'm farming LC for runes on single player and I will be able to guess with good accuracy depending on how the mobs are spawning what item is going to drop.

This last map I had was a spiked shield every now and then. a belt when birds were near. most of the time it was an armor I forget what type and then every now and then it was a grim shield. that was all I saw over 100 runs (small amount). it seems like it was patterned and not the entire loot table random each run.

any stats on this?

I'm looking for a Monarch shield. I'm level 90 and still haven't had one drop as white or 4 socket.

Also, it doesn't seem, based on the drop calculators, that stripping myself of all magic find increases my chances of getting a white monarch. It seems like the base item drops white a set percent. Magic find influences the odds of getting a magic item decrease and rare and unique increase, but the base item as white doesn't seem to change. (I know +MF doesn't apply to armor stands)

any stats on this?

any help is appreciated.

E

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The map seed definitely affects drops from armor stands on SP. The less else you stir up before checking them, the more reliable they are in that respect. I have a good LK map that drops ceremonial javelins absurdly often. It gave me Titan's twice so far, still hoping for an ethereal one.

Monarchs start dropping at a good rate from L80 areas on which is Tal Rasha's Tomb and beyond and areas whose level is "out of sync", like Pits and Tunnels.

I wouldn't take off MF gear. Only non-bosses can drop nonmagical armor and weapons and their chances on dropping it won't change much.

Regarding your bad luck, I had to wait for a white monarch for ages as well when I started out on SP. I found 1-3 socket ones, ethereal, magical, rares and a Stormshield before. I think I even finished Tal's set and found a HR or two before a white or 4 socket monarch finally dropped. As a compensation, it got 35% FCR on the very first attempt IIRC.