Armor, shields, and run/walk speed

testyfish

Diabloii.Net Member

I was looking through this, and I realized I never hear anyone talk about armor weight anymore. Is this something we have internalized, or was it patched out at some point?

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere with TC vs max os vs weight/str req? Seems like something I might build it nobody else has.

mir

Diabloii.Net Member
The exact value of FRW can be important if you planning a pvp char (every charm has to be useful, STR/speed glitching etc.) or trying to optimize your char as much as possible.

For general pvm, 20-30% is usually enough, even with heavy armor/shield penalty, and look >>>> frw when you choose your equipment/runewords.

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Body Armour & Shield Speed Penalty (%):
Light = 0
Medium = 5
Heavy = 10

I also consider looks and strength requirements, defense is really not a major consideration when there is not much in it between light and heavy armours.

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally I always go for a light armor when given the choice, partially because of the frw penalty but mainly str requirements (and looks). Maybe I should give it some more thought next time I make a RW.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I only care about FRW and armor penalty on untwinked chars and/or chars where I cant get FRW elsewhere