Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Armor Sets/Legendaries/Set item (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by Risingred, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. Risingred

Re: Armor Sets/Legendaries/Set item pics

Before I get rolling, I just want to say this:

I was compiling these shots by hand, so I had a lot of time to look over each set, take them all in slowly.
    I have to say that I'd come across a set and think "Wow, pretty cool" or "eh, that's kind of fugly".

But there were two sets, man. Two sets where I clicked on the character and almost jumped out of my chair in a very "what the ever-loving blue-eyed slobbering ****balls christ is THAT?".

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6717/title/tier-8-item-sets/cat/644

And

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6771/title/tier-14-item-sets/cat/644

Overall, the barb got robbed. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this guy.

3. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

Thank you for you efforts! Cannot wait play with dedicated folks like yourself in our new game!

4. Risingred

Hey, me too.

5. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

They look like cyborgs/robots.

6. Buu

Buu IncGamers Member

7. Marapper

Marapper IncGamers Member

Great work Risingred, another thing to drool over until the beta invite/game comes :)
    Thanks,
    M.

8. Telefonmann

Telefonmann IncGamers Member

One question: There are 18 Tiers right? is it correct that for example tier 15-18 drop inferno only and lategame you only want to use the endgame hight tier stuff. Tha means all the great looking tiers wont be used at all and only during lvling or until you find your high tier armor sets. If that is correct, thats sad. There are so many lovely item Tiers for example the crazy barb tier 14 armor set.

or am i tottaly wrong and dont understand the tier sytsem?

i loved in diablo 2 that nearly every armorlook had i high tier version too it which was usefull. espaccially after the upgrade item feature. or is there maybe a chance that we can use items for style a la Aion ?

9. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

I love both of those, especially the barb's. :)

Thanks for taking the time to compile these shots. The Demon Hand Legendary claw for the Monk is just sick.

10. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

GOD DAMN! The Grandfather looks gorgeous!

11. VaNaLunD

VaNaLunD IncGamers Member

Very nice work guy
    thanks for you job :)

maybe.... when u'll show us some ranged weapons ? ( windforce cofff coffff.... )

12. Thylich

Thylich IncGamers Member

Love the scale of it, a little touch of glowing effect would be perfect

13. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

No, no, no, no, no, no... Did I say 'no' yet? Why do all the high tier armors have hooves for crying out loud? Why do they have enough metal to supply an Industrial Revolution? Don't get me started on the helms/shoulderpads... Why are the swords literally the same length as some characters? Imagine trying to swing that Grandfather irl! 1/3 off the length and then I agree it would look awesome.

Also: Whose idea was that ridiculous spike mask, again? He should be made to wear that thing upside down! You might as well tattoo 'nooblet' or the classic 'retard' on your char's face. :dopey:

So, I'm not that excited about these items. :smug: However, it's no matter. Shako and Tal Rasha's look horrible in D2, as do the blue Crystal Swords/PBs. After a while you simply ignore the buttugliness. And then there are the dyes and lower tier items, most of which do look ok, if not super good. However, the stats on those items better be designed by different people than the looks (most likely that is true); otherwise I fear for the game, greatly.

14. Cpdoom

Cpdoom IncGamers Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfLZozBVpM&feature=related

15. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Thank you for proving my point. :smug: That sword looks ridiculous in the hands of that first guy. It's ok'ish with the tall guy in the middle of the vid, but still it'd look much better if it were a bit shorter.

I suspect that if you used that sword in a real battle, with other people around, you'd get killed very easily. One swing, and then when you take your time lifting that hunk of steel back up, someone swings a light broadsword and spills your guts out. :jig: However, this isn't ultimately a realism argument (other than against mile-long swords); I simply don't like the look of swords that are longer than the character. It reminds me of, yes you guessed it, that horrible game they call Wow. :wink:

16. starrise

starrise IncGamers Member

Wow great job and thanks for the hard work Risingred!

All I can say is that it seems promises of character coherence and variety will both be delivered. Excellent!

Edit: Polearms look awesome...

17. tyren

tyren Diablo: IncGamers Member

Seen quite a few armor sets that looks a lot better than the ones we saw a month or so ago! *phew!*

Also GF :O

18. Risingred

Those weren't actual armor sets. They were pieces from numerous sets smashed together and screenshot'd.

As for other weapons and things...I'd have to get around to it at some point. I have a lot of base weapon types lying around. I have seen Windforce but I think it was one of the few bows that worked. The bows aren't very overblown like the swords, they're very subtle.

A lot of the uniques still have no real graphic yet. If you look at the item site, the icons repeat all the time; they all use the same graphic for swords, for instance, which all look like Griswold's edge.

A lot of the set items appear to be pulling from previous tier models. Like Inna's Majesty; that's a fairly low-level model used for a high-level set, and there's a fair number of pieces to it. But that's really neither here nor there, I guess it all depends on what kind of stats are possible, and how high the ilvl can go on certain items. We don't know nearly enough yet to say.

At release, that would be doubtful. But they did add in vanishing dye, which was good of the team to do. It was a clever way to make a lot of people happy at once.

19. Risingred

Update: Most base weapon/OH types. Missing some class-specific stuff.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=646

Note: A lot of the weapons display really wonky. There's two reasons for this: the code was broken, or I purposely broke it. There's some strings you can change to force a 2h weapon to display in 1h, or to display the main hand in the offhand.

I did this just for pure visibility. It wasn't easy at the time to get these to display properly for screenshots, particularly the daggers.

20. pcguy

pcguy IncGamers Member