Armor on defiance merc.

Devouress

Diabloii.Net Member
Armor on defiance merc.

I was thinking, what's better for my defiance merc, so he could actually tank for some time:

Upped eth Shaft
Leviathan
Stone
Fortitude

I have seen some people prefring fortitude, why so? Stone can have much more armor. What do you think?

J Cash

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Armor on defiance merc.

with fortitude u get a very good damage boost plus more resists then the stone can offer. and u get alot of life, but the main difference is the 300% ed bonus.
My merc dishes out almost 6,5 k damage cause of the fortitude.

But fortitude is very expensive so if youre not wealthy then stone or uppd eth shaft are also good armors, just not as good as fortitude.

zapotek

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a fan of stone. It's reasonably cheap and if made in an ethereal armor the defence will be huge. Had this badboy before I stopped playing.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2876/armor0ff.png

It was made in a near perfect ethereal sacred armor that I cubesockted(gives 50% more def aswell because of the glitchbug). Was lucky and got 4 socks and a very high roll on the stone too. Quite obscene amount of armor really, never seen anything as high.

zapotek

Diabloii.Net Member

How do you socket in cube and what is the glitch with armor?
Quote from Arreat summit webpage:
"1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. The chance to get X sockets in most armor is 1/4 (I.E: Mage plate has a max of 3 sockets, so it has a 2/4 [1/2] chance to get 3 sockets). The base of 6 was used in the ratios for all the above mentioned areas."

However there is a bug that makes any ethereal armors cubesockted counting the eth bonus twice. So let say you have a 900 eth white sacred armor. When cubesockted it will become 1200.

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Fortitude hands down IMO. Once that lvl 15 chilling armor kicks in it's on pretty much all the time.

Dirkw

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a fan of stone. It's reasonably cheap and if made in an ethereal armor the defence will be huge. Had this badboy before I stopped playing.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2876/armor0ff.png

It was made in a near perfect ethereal sacred armor that I cubesockted(gives 50% more def aswell because of the glitchbug). Was lucky and got 4 socks and a very high roll on the stone too. Quite obscene amount of armor really, never seen anything as high.
That's pretty spectacular indeed :yes: