Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Armageddon and what else?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ged666, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Ged666

Ged666 IncGamers Member

Armageddon and what else?

I've decided to make a druid that uses Armageddon. Sure it sux but still i haven't made a char like that before. I what to hear your oppinion on whether to use Werebear+shockwave with this spell or just wolves or bear and then use other firespells at the same time like Fissure or Tornados. I guess no matter what he'll never be a solo character only a support character, so I guess i have to max out oak sage. Items is not really an issue - I've got plenty of good stuff lying around.

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think a shockwave bear with geddon would be nice, the problem is lack of skills to synergize your geddon, I think a decent weapon might be earthshifter with a shael (slow yes).
    Maybe go
    20 geddon
    10 lycan
    10 bear
    1 maul (for fire immunes)
    1-5 shockwave
    20 volcano (bosses)
    10 fissure
    20 firestorm
    rest molten boulder
    Edit: ahh...5-10 oak sage too, points will probably be tight

You'd need a lot of +skill, but basic pvm would be bear form, shockwave enemies and let geddon kill them, then maybe volcano for bosses, or get a lot of crushing blow and smack them with earthshifter, also use that for phys fire immunes. (get a lot of fire facets wherever you can)
    You're right that it won't be the best pvm build, but it'd be fun I think and really make use of the power of shockwave.

3. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

I had a fire druid, and seriously, I think Armageddon is the biggest waste of time in the game. I had 20 Firestorm, 20 Molten Boulder, 20 Fissure, 20 Volcano, rest into oak. Lvl 83ish. Volcano is only good on bosses. Fissure is great for packs. But the real skill that shines more anything is Firestorm. I was seriously amazed how much damage this sucker thing can do.

Anyway, my Armageddon (only 1 skill point, lvl 8 or 9 with +skills) was doing around 1.6k damage. Not a bad deal, but the major problem with is the 50 seconds duration. It's not like Hurricane's near-fire and forget skill. I think this skill just takes too much to synergize before it can be used effectively, and the hitting is just so random.

But since you're insisting on using it. I'd go this:
    10 for pre-reqs
    5+ Oak
    20 Bear
    20 Armageddon
    20 Volcano or Firestorm (for bosses)
    10 Fissure
    That's 95 skill points. The rest would pour into Oak or Fissure. Use bear for fire immune, and it's seriously one hell of a tank (my friend's can take dclone for about 1/5 of his life per cast WITHOUT oak, of course that's with high lvl Dire Wolves).

4. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I've been toying with a Fireclaw Bear with Armageddon:
    20 Armageddon
    20 Lycanthropy
    20 Fireclaws
    20 Volcano
    20 Moulten Boulder

At that point you have 2500 fireclaw and a 2600 Armageddon and +280% life... I'd mix it with a Act 2 Prayer merc decked out with crushing blow. You should do decently.

5. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Non uber gear. level 44. 2800 dmg fireclaw. 1500 armageddon.

I kinda cheated though. My helmet is +1 Arma, +1 druid all so I saved 6 pts for now.

6. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I have a fire elementalist

20 geddon
    20 fissure (btw won't geddon and hurricane have same duration w/ max synergy?)
    20 Valcano
    20 Firestorm
    8 Molten Boulder
    1 OS
    5 prereq

If you put on some DR (storm + verdungo for me), max block and have decent life (1k no sage) you can survive pretty well

starting to raise an act 3 merc freeze= mroe damage with AoE