Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arm Of King Leoric :)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by PuppMaster, Sep 18, 2006.

1. PuppMaster

PuppMaster IncGamers Member

Arm Of King Leoric :)

I finally got the AoKL!!
    but now i have a question.
    should i use it or my old wand
    it had +3 to summon skills +2 summon resist and +1 attract.

the +3 to summon skills is the only reason worth keeping it. so should I?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I'd summon with AoKL on switch, and then switch back to your main weapon.

Reason being that the CtC Bone Prison on AoKL is going to get you killed, sooner or later. You don't want to share your bone prison with an extra strong, cursed frenzytaur...

3. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

Prebuffing doesn't work for summons right? I thought I remembered trying it with my summoner a few eeks ago, and when i would switch weapons my minion would break into little pieces.

4. Stax

Stax IncGamers Member

at least 8 (lvl 18) will remain strong, those whic would break summon again, and those few wouldnt be so strong

5. PuppMaster

ya they do break because i only use one wand and sometimes istead of pressing 1, 2,3, or 4 to use my pots i hit "W" and unequip my wand with out knowing. i think they stayup for a couple seconds then break. when i use my wand i have 11 skels and then i see i only have 9 i keep trying to summon them back but i cant because i didnt have my wand. but like i said, they do break.

but back to my origional question, should i stick with another skill to all my summon points or stick with AoKL and have that extra boost?

6. Tankmobile

Tankmobile IncGamers Member

Depends, my summoner uses cairn shard still (+3 sum skills) but plenty of life and mana (based on c. lvl). Leoric has gud skel bonuses and if your neccy is geared up for strong skellys rather than revived/golem, go for it, but you would lose summon resist and if your golem is a key part of your setup, do you really want to sacrifice some of his strengths. I'd go for the leoric for you though, since your wand only has the +3 summon skills, leorics uber skellys make up for the weaker golem.

7. PuppMaster

ya i have a pretty good golem, masty is probably lv 10 and all golems except for fire are lvl 7 (1 hard point, rest are bonus) i mainly use iron golem, but i want to max my mages before i strengthen up my golems.

8. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

This is excellent advice.

Yes, you will lose some skellis when switching back to your main weapon. what you do not lose is the increased life and damage of having a higher skeleton mastery and higher raised skeleton!! So it is very nice to be able to summon a lot of strong skelli's and then switch to survival gear. You may lose a few skellis, but the army that is left will be much stronger. Get a +3 ammy and raise with that and then switch that out as well.

When you do your iron golem, you most likely summon it in town. Keep a lot of prebuff stuff in your stash, you can put the +skill gear on, summon your golem, and then take it off. Your golem will have the increased stats.

9. PuppMaster

thats a nifty little trick

10. divinius

divinius IncGamers Member

i have to say that i wanted a leoric forever until i finally got one and i hate it...the bone prison will kill you eventually unless you are quick on juvies or exiting the game before u die inside your own prison lol......a vex rune and i will have my hoto and then the leoric will definately go on weapon switch lol

11. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

Good point, I noticed this problem too after I had to share a bone prison with a super unique Moon Lord :grin: Nowadays I have Enigma so I just teleport from my prison.

12. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

make sure you keep your army between you and your target :)

13. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Believe me I've been trying too! Got caught when I went down a room with four open hallways then the monsters woke up and I got swarmed on three sides. AOLK activated and voila! I was sharing a bone prison with some very ticked off monsters. Suddenly that Meleemancer build was looking better and better. :shocked:

I've got one necro with the Arm and the other necro I've decided to use Hoto. The second necro is still coming up the ranks levelwise so I'll post which one seems to do better. At the moment, I've only gotten killed twice by the Arm problem (first necro is level 84 or some such).

Good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

14. aera

aera IncGamers Member

so if i use a beast as my main weapon, it would be awesome to have AoKL on switch. cos that would imencly add to their damage.
    thanks for the tip!!

15. Anti-Life

Anti-Life IncGamers Member

i had a beast twin axe and homoc as main weapons, arm and a +3 skeleton/+2 mastery spirit head shield thingy, cant remember wat type it was but as a prebuff it was awsome, on switch i believe with CTA in the cube to swap with the arm before and after summoning (for the +1 skill mainly the first cast, second time to buff the army up even more)

with an enigma and other gear i mowed through the game solo or in 8 player baal runs doing my own meph/andy/pindle run whilst waiting for the throne room to be found by a ever active sorc or pally. and i would arrive in the room with an army able to hold the TP clear if some fool decided on getting it swampted by gloams or moonlords

just make sure u got resists and stuff.

bak on topic, the arm is great for the pre-buff if u have other items to assist in the pre bugff. my geat took me 4 months to scroung up but making an enigma yourself out of found runes and only needing the easy to find runes for the beast was cool (found most of the high runes on cows and pit runs...all several thousand of them :S)

16. Mitch Turnbuckle

Mitch Turnbuckle IncGamers Member

AFAIK the Fanatacism Aura from Beast RW only applies when it is active, i.e. only if Beast is equipped. I do not think it is possible to prebuff with an aura and have the effects of said aura remain after switch . . .

17. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

It is not possible to prebuff with an aura and get the bonuses. Auras only work when active.

You can add a skill to prebuff with cta, though.

Best thing to do is have high skelly summon wand and then switch out for hoto, wizspike, or mf gear. Personally, with a good merc, insight golem, and 13 skellies and 13 mages I always go mf gear. (the 13 is the number i have left when i switch to mf gear).

They get the job done, and because of insight spamming CE is no big deal. Every person I help out is impressed with how insanely fast he kills (at 650mf).