Arm of King Leoric vs. Beast Scepter

Naja

Diabloii.Net Member
Arm of King Leoric vs. Beast Scepter

Hey all. I have, like most everyone, an alter ego Necromancer. This one is my counterpart to my Poison/Skelly and my Bone Prison/Iron Maiden Necros, and is solid Summoning.

However, I'm perplexed as to what would be more beneficial:

The Arm of King Leoric - which totals to a -****load- of bonus points into Raise Skeleton (+3), Skeletal Mastery (+3), Raise Skeletal Mage (+2), + 2 to Summoning Spells, and + 2 to Poison and Bone spells (i.e. Corpse Explosion!).

Or:

The Beast runeword in a war scepter that would give me a whole lot of energy and strength, and of course...level 9 Fanaticism for my undead legion. (Which equates to roughly 25% more attack speed, and 99% more damage.)

Which would be most suitable for my build?

For this build, my intent is:

Raise Skeleton = 20
Raise Skeletal Mage = 20
Skeletal Mastery = 20
Raise Clay Golem = 9
Golem Mastery = 2
Summon Resist = 20

Amplify Damage = 1
Iron Maiden = 1
Life Tap = 1
Weaken = 1
Terror = 1
Decrepify = 1
Dim Vision = 1
Confuse = 1
Attract = 1
Lower Resist = 1

Teeth = 1
Corpse Explosion = 5

Mad Mantis said:
Use the AoKL to prebuff your army and then switch to Beast.
yeah thats what i did on my summoner .. you'll lose some skellies when you make the switch but the ones you have will still be much higher quality if you summon w/ aokl (almost double the damage in my case).

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya the Arms of Leoric will make stronger skeletons and when you use the beast, their dmg will increase.

slappy sam

Diabloii.Net Member
Raise Clay Golem = 9
Golem Mastery = 2
Summon Resist = 20
These should all be 1 pointers. I have an untwinked summoner like yours and they are fine at 1 point untwinked. The golem has enough life and is cheap enough to cast with 1 point on golem/mastery, and summon resist runs into severe diminishing returns. I suggest maxing corpse explosion instead. And go with the AoKL on switch with the Beast as your primary weapon. :thumbsup: