Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arm of King Leoric Problem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Lawful Evil, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Lawful Evil

Lawful Evil IncGamers Member

Arm of King Leoric Problem

I'm sure that other's have experienced this, as I saw passing mention in a recent post about the death of a HC character. But I haven't seen much else, so I'm wondering if others don't find this to be a big problem.

I've got the Arm of King Leoric wand, which is great support for a skellimancer. I'm about level 67 now, and just starting hell difficulty. The problem is the wand's tendency to cast Bone Prison when struck.

The first couple of times this happened, it nailed archers, or those teleporting devils. Cool. Then something snuck behind my wall of skellies and struck me. The bone prison got cast around the creature and myself. Not cool.

Last night this happened with one of those Yeti creatures. It was like a bloody cage match! My skellies couldn't get in to help, and I couldn't get out! Eventually he died, I think with help from my mages and my Clay Golem that I brought in. But it was kind of scary.

Does everyone else using this wand also have telport? Or are you just more careful not to let anything lay a hand on you?

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Careful is the key, but tele helps too.

I mf with it as my primary wep, switching to gull when my minions are about to kill, so yes, being careful is a must. It's useful against archers/slingers, but there are those occasions that you get hit even when being careful. My only suggestion would be to cast terror on whatevers in there with you, and get as far toward the other side of the prison and hope that it works.

3. JettJagwar

JettJagwar IncGamers Member

the best was that post by the n0obz0r who had no idea what bone prison was and claimed he was experiencing some sort of weird curved bone wall bug. if bone prison wasnt free i wouldnt use it...

4. NecroValmar

NecroValmar IncGamers Member

I dont like to use tele amulet or so, because you lose the chance to wear another good amulet.

I normally use the unique axe with tele charges on second weapon, if orison comes, i change weapon, cast tele with the axe, and then change again. I lose 2 skeletons this way but I prefer because is cheap to repare and you dont need to loose mods on equip, and be safe at time to use leoric.

5. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

I've experienced that before

Just spam terror and be careful not to let melee unique boss hit you

6. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

Yea i have Leoric myself.

its good to have some poison skills just encase it happens. otherwise youl have to just be as careful as possible. but it happens, dont worry it happens to me alot too.

7. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

The Arm of Leoric is a good wand for summoning but not for normal playing due to this problem of getting trapped inside your own Bone Prison. So the safest solution is to use it on the weapon switch to summon up your army and any replacements like new revives and have a good +2 necro wand to play with when you are supporting your army by cursing and using CE.

A nice + 2 magcal wand with some extra skills can be bought from a vendor, I have one with +2 Bone Spirit and +3 Decrepify and that worked very well until I found a Blackhandkey

8. malathion

malathion IncGamers Member

Obligatory "get enigma" response. Yes I know not everyone can afford it.. but it doesn't hurt to try..

9. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

what is Enigma???? i hear of it, but never see it.

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

It is a German encoding machine.

11. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

LOL that is infact true MM but dun think that quite the answer he was looking for.

Enigma - Runeword Jah + Ith + Ber
    +2 To All Skills
    +45% Faster Run/Walk
    +1 To Teleport
    +757 Defense
    + (0.75 Per Character Level) +1-74.25 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
    Increase Maximum Life 5%
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    +14 Life After Each Kill
    15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    + (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

Probably one of the hottest/popular runeword available and espeically cool for the necro summoner as it got teleport. So u can basically bring your whole army with u when u teleport. For us mortals (runes are quite hard to come by -me included) i just use a teleport charge items. You can get amulets or even staffs with charges.

Kyo :thanks:

12. Mad Mantis

It fitted the description. Many have heard of the Enigma encoding machine, but very few people have actually seen the darn thing.

13. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Well there was a movie made about the enigma machine. I thought it looked like a sewing machine with some wheels and spindles :)

14. Mad Mantis

It is more of a wooden box.

15. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

I am more likely to obtain the German coding machine than I am the runeword.

P.S. Oh yeah, the original question... I agree with using the arm on weapon switch to raise skels. I use a Blade of Ali Baba as my main weapon for magic find.

16. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

enigma was also the riddler's last name.

ok to help out original poster. As mentioned, teleport can come by Charges (very expensive gold wise to repair) or by Enigma (not the encoder).

I personally transferred my enigma (not the encoder) to my druid (don't yell guys), since I found a nice +3 summon / +lvl2 teleport charges (65 of em) gambling one day with my sorc (don't yell guys).

Steelspell is nice, but there is not a lot of charges on it. My favorite chaged fixed item is the staff NAJ'S SET
    Two Hand Damage:202 - 234
    Durability:35
    Required Dexterity:37
    Required Strength:44
    Required Level:78
    Base Weapon Speed:[0]
    +150% Enhanced Damage
    +35 to Energy
    +70 to Mana
    30% Faster Cast Rate
    +1 To All Skill Levels
    Adds 6-45 Lightning Damage
    Level11 Teleport (69 Charges)

There it is baby.

g

p.s.
    sorry for the other char's guys. At least i don't have a bowazon. :yep:

17. Lawful Evil

Lawful Evil IncGamers Member

This is a really good idea. By keeping it on a weapon switch, it doesn't use up any valuable real estate. I'll have to look around to see what weapons are available that have teleporting capabilities. I've been keeping that pus spitter crossbow on my switch, in case I ever need to lend a hand to my skellies, but so far I haven't used it.

18. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

That's really great. Now all I need is Jah and Ber and I can make it. I can't even find an Ist. It's funny with that hack that was out a while back and the market flooded with Zod's, I don't even have one of those. :rant:

Masa

19. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Cairn Shard. Just use it and you will be happy. Especially if you play hardcore.

20. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I hate gvandale for his +3 summon/ telecharge ammy.

You bastard :shakesfist:

leoric, as wolfedude has alluded, is usually a no-no for a hc char.