Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arghhhh!!!!!!!!! Self-found Wf Poofs!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Killfrenzy, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

Arghhhh!!!!!!!!! Self-found Wf Poofs!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOMETHINGS GONNA DIE!!!!

I found a wf yesterday in the pit, so i quickly xfer it over to one of my many mules. Today upon checking where it was i discover it to be GONE!!!!

now everyone cover your ears cause its time for killfrenzy to vent. the next bit will likely be pretty much incomprehensible due to the word filter.

**** YOU BNET!!!!!! I've heard of duped runes poofing but this was a ****ING UNID SELF-FOUND WF!!!! OF ALL THE THINGS I HAD FOUND LAST NIGHT THAT COULD'VE POPPED... IT HAD TO THE MOST VALUABLE, THE HARDEST TO FIND, DIDNT IT????? **** YOU BNET AND YOUR DOG, CAT, FAMILY, AND ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY RELATED TO YOU!

sorry mods and admin for that last part but i had to get it out of my system...

Anyway you'll probably all say that i need to get out more and stop caring so much about a piece of code, but god damnit it took hours of mf runs for this to drop and in one code hiccup its gone!!!

This is the 2nd wf i had found, so its not as bad as if this happened to the first one, but im still absolutely furious. a ****ing hiccup in bnet caused me to lose a rather valuable thing i could've traded possibly for something to complete my CTA or something. Now im gonna have to do about 100000 more pit runs for anything like it to drop again. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am officially now on a break from d2 for an indeterminate amount of time...

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Was it ladder or non ladder ?

3. toader

toader Banned

You sure you didnt dream finding it?

4. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

A possible rollback, it happens.

5. Killfrenzy

non ladder. sure it would be more annoying on ladder but still it pisses me off

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

If you are on Useast, I no longer play non ladder. I have a windforce and a HELL of a lot of stuff to give away or trade for ladder items/runes

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=150440

7. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Better than being pissed on. :lol:

Unlesss, you are into that sort of thing. :surprise:

8. Killfrenzy

dont worry about it aragorn. i have 3 more windys anyway, its just annoying to lose one in such a stupid way.

9. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

i play ladder west, i had a wf, and used it for bout 3 days, then i entered a baal game, and went into teh portal without even noticing that it was gone, i quickly realized it was gone and jus bout ***** my self, since then ive found a new one ... perf one this time ... and i have had no probs, so i feel your pain

10. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

Hmm sorry to hear that,but that exact thing happened to me in 1.09 with the exception that I found it from pindle.Very strange

11. tl998

tl998 Banned

While I want to feel sympathetic to your plight...really...I do...I just can't bring myself to do to.

12. Morgil

Morgil IncGamers Member

I feel sympathy toward killfrenzy. its a hell of a thing to lose, pun definitely intended. regardless of whether he had 3 or a hundred. try a little harder to sympathize tl998, even though it didnt affect you personally. sympathy is free after all :)

13. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

I also had a similar problem. While I was transferring my items between my mules (ladder game, with a password on it!) whole group of items suddenly disappeared from the ground. They were low level rings amulets and charms (15-20) grouped on the ground in Act 1 near my stash (up left corner, toward Mr.Gheed). This game was open more then 2 hours (did a huge organization clearing between my 8 characters). There were more then 6 huge groups of items scattered all around the act 1 village (over 100). Most of the items are very good, collected them for the past 3 months playing ladder on B.net Europe. But only this group disappeared (luckily it was this, any other would be terrible loss and could lead to ….). It happened while I was transferring items from one of my character’s inventory into his stash, when I closed the stash and tried to pickup these low level items none of them were their, and I know for SURE they were laying their more then 2 hours as a fact. I was :surprise:

-Terrible thoughts ran into my head: someone infiltrated into my pc with some Trojan and got my password, but then I thought how stupid thinking :bonk: how can they make this program for a random created single running game (you don’t even see it on the list of created/available games, right?) and steal my worst items! (btw I don’t use any 3rd party program created for D2 and I have a powerful firewall). Spend more then 1 hour trying to figure out what happened.

-So far the MAIN SUSPECT is Mr.Gheed :spy: . I think he is Blizzards “Man on the place†checking your dupes and hacks. But this time Mr.Gheed had to much :buddies: last night with Mr.Cain and probably had a bad headache that day that cost me some.

Edit: all of these low level items were founded by me (none of them are from trading) and I barely trade stuff.

14. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

VD - items left on the ground will disappear over time. Uniques stay the longest - 1 hr. Everything else disappears more quickly.

15. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

A huge bummer, sorry to hear that, frustrating to say the least, after the time and effort put forth magic finding.