Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Argh such a stupid question

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by YouHaveMail, Jul 1, 2005.

1. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

Argh such a stupid question

This is very generic.
    I want to make a dueler, I plan on it being higher level than low level, because well no one will duel then. and actually, I want to PK. What is fun, and I guess it can be kinda costly but I'm cheap. :D

So if you could, post an idea on something fun, decent prized, and how to go about it. Thanks. :D

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Check out the PKing sticky at the top of the forum.

Cheap, easy pk builds : Chargers.

Wet your feet with them...They are quick and disposable. Get to lvl 24, 4p.ruby gothic, 3p.ruby crown, bloodfists, sanders boots, cathans rings + ammy (Cheap) and some belt (deaths is a good choice) Get might to level 20, then the other points go into charge. You can give the ones that don't chicken a fairly good whallup with it, won't die too quickly..etc.

If you really wanted to get into it I'd say go with a lvl 9 necro....Naked, save for a 2xeld'd bonesheild of deflecting...1 pt into amp 9 into bone armour. Your merc would be wearing a +36 max gothic and +27 max helm, with an eth pike (preferably a 6 socket with low %ed jewels). Your 75% block + bone armour aught to keep you healthy while you amp them..then the merc pokes..then they die.

3. YouHaveMail

Not bad ideas but I'd rather try a little higher of lvls, I've done chargers in the past. I'm looking at above lvl 24..I was thinking kicker but I've never done one. Thanks so far :)

4. PawnOfChaos

PawnOfChaos IncGamers Member

Kicker is a good choice, though chickeners can be a pain (beware the charger who insists on dueling you 50 times after you flux him, he's waiting for that nice roll).

Just get some magic/rare war boots, strength scimitar/blade talon, eld'd sigs (my fav choice), and life armor/helm. Its VERY easy to get 900+ life @ lvl 25 with crappy charms, just remember max dam doesn't help, elemental charms do.

Max DT, get a point in DF, and reach a good bp with bos, extra points can go in DF if you'd like.

They work like a charm, very hard to kill them and they hit sooo fast its lovely. 25 is a good lvl, my lil bro had a 34 with crushing blow galore that almost killed his friend mansecks, though its a bit more expensive at the higher lvls.

25 is good enough to duel 38 and below chargers, most barbs (be careful of eth hone ww'ers or good leapers, leapers knocked out my last two kickers), and anything else (zealots are an even match, my 25 could beat Matt's 18 zealot 50 % of the time, without real fear of dying myself, though honor zealots will usually destroy you).

Most people love them because they are cheap and effective.

Gear choices:
    Str scimitar
    bfists
    death's sash
    war boots (my eth rare were secksy just for the Defense, damage is the same)
    Eld'd sigs (I just like the extra point for non-switching bos and the tiny bit of kick damage, you'll have the strength for it anyway)
    3 p ruby helm (artisan's winged helm of the fox for me)
    4 p ruby armor
    angelics for life + AR, though your AR should be ludicrously high anyway

They really shine at taking out the 24 and below chargers who think they own everyone, nothing better than taking a noob eth-snapper's ear.
    Good luck if you decide to make one.

Jeff

5. NightShade

The problem with higher level one's is the fact that they cost about a billion times more than anything else you could have...

What level?

6. YouHaveMail

Lvl 45 or so, isn't that when +3 fire/lit/cold ammy's are used for a sorc? I think sorc for PKing so I can tele to throne or something.

7. NightShade

Lvl 45 light pker.

Sovm (30)
    +3 circ
    +3 ammy
    Visc (you wont be taking hits if your just pking)
    Res/fcr rings (20)
    Water walks
    +3 light stick (20% fcr)
    Gloves of your choice.

Optional inv full of light charms

Hits the 9 fpc break.
    Goes thru monsters/minions
    14k light damage (heh, assuming full inv of charms) that ='s 2300 ish pvp damage per bolt (Then subtract res..and the fact you could hit for 14 pvp)

Without uber charms, your looking at the mid 1000's in pvp damage per hit. Very few pure light pvm sorcs, so you could probably get most of your gear fairly easy....One of the great things with lightning is the fact that you can strafe a hallway that everyone is lined up in and do alot of damage.

8. YouHaveMail

I already know I won't be getting any Lit charms..lol. What is sovm? And I might try this, but I just started the Asn she's already at 15. What's better 3 p ruby armor and helm or 3 p ameth because I read the guide that said p emerald for str. and should I boost my str up to wear set war boots? and with set war boots, maybe put on set belt and gloves. boosting my lvl to 31..anyone?

And what is DT? Dragon Talon or Dragon Tail? 1 point in flight, i'm guessing max tail? and some pts in bos, what are the BPs? and how does kicking work? I'm gonna practice it soon :)

9. NightShade

Alright, kicker info :

If you feel you want more life, go rubies.
    l25

3pr Crown
    4pr gothic
    Deaths gloves
    Deaths belt
    Angelic bling
    WarBoots
    Steel scimitar (my favourite) or Strength claw
    Sigons sheild (If you're pking)

Max dragon talon (Yep, the kick)
    lvl 4 Burst of speed
    1 point in dragon flight.

There's your kicker.

10. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

If you're on East, I just gambled a +3 light circlet you can have. I sure won't be using it

11. YouHaveMail

Ooh goodie I am on east! my accuont is *francesthemute

I'm afk right now, I'm playing Earthbound on my PSP. =]

I've got the angelic's and the steel scimitar but I'm afraid I need death equip and sigon's shield, anyone have on east? Whisp me.

Thanks again, can I get one of those jeweler's helms of something with life already built in. at lvl 25? or is that a higher lvl req? same with the armor.

12. YouHaveMail

Hmm managed to help a guy out with cows, he gave me sig's shield. Then anc'd someone else and he socketed it. And while getting leg I found death's sash and while lvling char I found blood fists.

What's better death's + fists or death's x2?
    Also what's my stat setup look like?
    I got to lvl 23 because I think I'm going to get rushed to a5 nm and maybe get ancs in nm too so I can PK baalers. 2x ancs = 2 lvls. Sound decent? Iunno. Thanks again. :)

13. YouHaveMail

Anyone know? Bfists + death's sash or sash + leather gloves? I've got both now..but yeah. thanks. =D

14. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

gotta be 40 for nm ancs

15. YouHaveMail

Haha oh yeah, duh.

Well I 4 P ruby'd my armor and I need a helm to do so. I'm at 24 I'll get to 25 once I get the helm. What Artisan's can I get? Artisan's winged helm of ___? what has 25 req?

16. NightShade

Minor thing to add :

People are dumber than when I left. I've just killed 15 people tonight with a 24 paladin...SCREAMING at them "DIE FAT HUMBURGER" before I actually attack.....
    with my 200 hpts.

You have a very good chance at netting some ears.

17. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

LOL. Makes me want to load up D2 again and unleash some retired duelers...

Edit: btw, I think Artisan's hat of mammoth is lvl 25 req. Also, just to let you know, some lvl 27 chargers do over 1k pvp per hit. Make sure you have 75% block and don't get hit much!

18. YouHaveMail

haha night did you PK or duel? so farrrrrrrrr I've not finished because I still haven't gotten a 3 sock helm. right now I'd even use a 3 sock mask if someone had one for trade.

what should I do for stats? max block, and rest in vita? or rest in str? and my charms are str charms and like minor elemental charms, and a few life, because I'm poor. thanks. =]

19. NightShade

Pure Pk.

Personally I like to go for the titan route on my kickers, but I never took them very seriously anyway.

I'd go max block, 600 life, the rest in str...

20. YouHaveMail

Argh, where do you PK at? everyone leaves on hostile and such.

Finally got someone. 39 necro, "lets walk it" on the way to baal, I hostiled and 4 people were there the only one I clicked on was necro and he stood there, took a few kicks, kinda sad. a lot of the people left thankfully.