Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Argh Poison necs - FoH PvP

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Dystopianday, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

Argh Poison necs - FoH PvP

I'm not really into PvP, but I decided I wanted a character who could dismantle all the silly clanboys who try to PK in chaos games when someone janks their items, or just the general jerkoff picking a fight. I went with a FoH pally because they seemed to be the best choice for killing anything, anywhere, as long as they didn't have absorb gear in their stash.

Tested it against friends, who love their PvP characters, and wiped out a lightning sorc, a hammerdin, and a WW barb. The only thing that got me - and it was 5-0 too - was a poison nec. He'd bone prison me, nova, and BS me to death.

The BS does nothing, is there anything I can do about the poison nova? I thought about Venom ward, but then I'd have to ditch nigma, which leaves me at the mercy of bone prison. And really, I'm not sure about venom ward - the nova was still totaling my life with guardian angel on.

2. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

you have engima and he caught you? well its all about moving, you dont have to click on his name to shoot foh, just hold shift down and click on his direction, I used it long time ago, if this doesent help, go bm and fill your belt with andidote potions..

:shocked:
    *priit2

3. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe I just suck, or maybe he's really good - I'd just be waiting for him and all of a sudden I'm surrounded by bone, he teles in with me, and I'm novaed and BSed.

I'll try the (farcast?) thing.

4. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

A stashed set of Death's set gloves and/or an Iratha's Collar ammy would help.

5. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

A psn necro will prolly be decked out in Death Web and such so he will have alot of - psn resists. Stack on the psn resistance.

Also FoH is autotargetting, you do not need to click on his name for it to work.

6. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Heres what I see happened. Your friends {sorc/hammeradin/barb}, are ok duelers, but not really that great, since a foher in the hands of someone who isnt that into dueling took them out fairly easy. I mean no offense by this by the way.

The necro on the other hand simply knew what he was doing. He had experiance that the other guys didnt.

To counter that, I suggest two things;

Practice. So you can have what he has against you.

Jade Tan Doe whatever unique kriss. Gets you 90 or 95 poison resistance + huge stack under it, even a free socket for a poison resistance jewel. This is a dagger, so this means less offensive, but you still get enigma.

Also, forget antidotes. Pots are bm rubbish, and the length of nova is only a few seconds, so you will fly threw them as soon as he spams a nova. Start with one {or a few} at the beginning of the duel simply to get the resistance & stack the potion duration if you must.