Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Arggghh! Keep getting frozen, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ldynwaitin, Oct 21, 2006.

1. ldynwaitin

ldynwaitin IncGamers Member

Arggghh! Keep getting frozen, HELP!!!

I've been playing the expansion version of Diablo 2 for years on my Windows XP computer and never had a problem. I recently put in a mod for a large backpack. No problem during the game play, (I play single player) until I get my Amazon into Act five of Nightmare. I keep freezing!!! I get this warning message:

Halt
    Unrecoverable internal error 05ab4a86
    Line 1882

I checked out Diablo's support site and it was suggested to change the video option from 3D to 2D. I did that but the darn thing froze again and gave me a different internal error number of 0484a86

I just received a super special mask with prevent heal and lost it due to the freeze!!!! :cry: Can anyone help me figure out why I keep freezing? I will be deeply in your debt.

2. ael

ael IncGamers Member

Reinstall LoD without the mod. Use atma for mulling excessive items, so you dont need a superduper large backpack.

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Blackhorn's face?

4. ldynwaitin

YEAH!!! That was it. I didn't even know it existed. I know you need prevent heal in the HELL level. I nearly jumped when I saw what the mask had...then it froze and I lost it. I hope I can get it again.

atma? What's that? I'll try uninstalling and reinstall. I just soooo fell in love with the super huge backpack. I can hold so many charms I was able to get my dexterity up in the 180's. I needed to be that high for the bows they give out in the hell level.

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

ATMA is a single player muling utility. There is a link in the STICKIES of the SPF.

6. ldynwaitin

Thanks everyone for your help. I just installed the ATMA program. It's fantastic!! I only need one of each rune now, and can dupe them to my hearts content. I managed to make PEACE armor for my Amazon and haven't frozen once in Nightmare's 5th act. I still miss the large backpack. I was able to keep so many charms that brought up my resist, dexterity and other things so high. Oh well, I guess the game has to have some challenge.

Thanks mucho!!

Just remember, Forever is a long, long time....but not as long as it was yesterday...

7. ael

ael IncGamers Member

>.>

10chars

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

While what you do on your own comp is your buisness, if you choose to use ATMA to dupe runes that will be frowned upon in our SP forum here. Also you will be unable to do SP trades because of that.

I will point out this thread to the SP mods.

9. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

But did you really need that?:shocked:

Indeed.:rolleyes:

10. ldynwaitin

Hey, don't worry about me. I only play single player mode on my computer. I've never played on the battlenet, never will. I'm perfectly satsified competing with my sister on seeing who gets to hell level first. If I did play on the battlenet, (Not possible, can't afford it) I would not use a program to cheat the other players.

Also, I still have to work for the runes I do get, as well as the magic items so I just think of ATMA as a place to hold my excess. Also, as to trades, I'm disabled, and try not to get into chatrooms, trades, or downloads if I can. Cannot afford it, and can't lose the only joy I have in my life right now due to a virus given to me from someone else.

In answer SirDooFuss, Yes I LOVED the large backpack. I had over twenty charms that brought up my resist, dexterity, everything. After playing the game for two years it brought a freshness to it having a larger backpack. Almost made it a new game, (When will Diablo 3 come out!!??) I still remember how thrilled I was when getting the expansion version and found I had a larger chest to hold things. Now I have the hard decision of selling something super great because I don't have the room to keep them.

Just a note. The person that made the MOD for the large backpack has quit the internet. He said he was bored and has moved on to other things. So unfortunately the large backpack MOD is no longer good to use if I can't ask for help with a bug from it's creator. Soooo, it's back to trying to get a 99 Amazon with the original backpack.

Once again, thanks for the help and I just want to assure all of you that you won't be seeing me on the Battlenet, not my cup of tea. I guess I like being in charge of my quests. Now I'm off to try to create my super amazon.

Once again thanks mucho,

Take care, and take care of yourself.

Virginia The Lady in Waiting

11. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

Just a little note: Bnet is free.

12. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

1. B.net is free, or do you mean you have to pay for all of your bandwidth?
    2. There are certainly other mods that do the same thing.
    3. There are other mods that can make D2 into a different game as well.

13. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i just hope that we wont see you on SPF trade forum, unless legit

14. ael

ael IncGamers Member

D3 certanly wont have a backpack big*** as yours. :badteeth:

And Bnet is free, and so is/are the internet(s).

15. ldynwaitin

Don't worry, it took alot for me to just come on this board. You see on top of my disability I also am just recovering from cancer, had all the bad stuff, chemo, baldness, nasty stuff. My computer has been a way to keep me busy and my mind off of my cancer. After two years of playing I have lots of items I worked darn hard for. Hell is HELL. It took me months to get out of the first level, had to learn to duck and run ALOT, but what I got I worked hard for, no cheating.

I thought you had to pay for Battlenet just like WOW. My mistake...

Once again I want to thank all that have been a help for me. Normally I'm a very shy person but being on a computer helps me a bit. (I've gained some weight since the Chemo, does my type look fatter??)

And don't worry about me, perfectlly harmless. Just needed a bit of help, so....I'll....f..a..d..e....away......

Keep the faith, and keep in touch

Virginia The Lady in Waiting

16. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

@ldynwaitin: certainly you dont have to fade away, you are more than welcome to read and post in the SPF. Try read some char guides, it make things more fun most of the time.....just dont trade items if you are using mods. ATMA, on the other hand, is allowed.