ARG! *heartbreak*

NBarnes

Diabloii.Net Member
ARG! *heartbreak*

One of the things that I really hate about D2 sometimes is that, if you happen to be playing late at night, you can do something careless like accidentally putting a second point into Blizzard on your Meteorb sorc instead of Frozen Orb where it was supposed to go. And. There. Is. Nothing. You. Can. Do.

Nothing. Your character is now screwed forever.

templecrasher

Diabloii.Net Member
You could always remake it if that one point is going to kill you. I find that my Meteorb is an absolute killing machine even though she had a few points in the wrong places (I dumped about 5 points into FO's synergy).

Hemaka

Diabloii.Net Member
NBarnes said:
One of the things that I really hate about D2 sometimes is that, if you happen to be playing late at night, you can do something careless like accidentally putting a second point into Blizzard on your Meteorb sorc instead of Frozen Orb where it was supposed to go. And. There. Is. Nothing. You. Can. Do.

Nothing. Your character is now screwed forever.
Oh I do that all the time.. but I don't usually discover that I accidently put extra points in a skill until weeks after i've done it.. It requires me to suck first :wink3:

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Most Meteorbs are for PvM play, where a single screwed-up skill point isn't going to end your sorc's career.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
i still play with my messed up 89 orb/cl sorc on uswest
many skill points put in wrong places, stats messed up (too many on dex/str), still does good alone through hell

having good gear can make up for lots of little mistakes

GreyGhost

Banned
I have had several instances where I was too intoxified to make good decisions, so you're not alone.

It sucks to spend 3 hours doing baal runs and then choosing the wrong skill.

chrislindsay

Diabloii.Net Member
I hate doing that! Although I still play with my fire wall sorc sometimes--all her points are in the wrong places--but oh, the memories =)

riker

Diabloii.Net Member
back a few years ago I used to always put a point into every skill at clevel 30. That was really stuid.

Angelus Meritae

Diabloii.Net Member
I used to saved all my points from levelling, then put them in at around level 70-75 and made absolute sure everything was right.. I have a notebook full of calculations for stats, skills, breakpoints etc. for the characters i made.

Bulgarian

Banned
Thats happened to me before...

I usually wait until morning until i spend my points because I dont even trust myself.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
or just use spirits (ladder or sp/w rwm) until you fingure out what skills you use more and apply points where there needed