Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

areas for me to go

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Superhal, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

areas for me to go

i'm looking for some specific items with my 0% mf zon, mainly sockettables. i have some questions:

1. what lvl 87 areas cannot spawn pi's and li's?

2. if #1 is impossible, what about pi's OR li's?

3. if 1 and 2 are impossible, what about li's? (i am more concerned about li's than pi's as my zon is using LF.)

4. i'm looking for an etheral laqured plate, kraken shell, or archon plate. what would be the best place i could go without pi/li but could still generate these items? i have a sneaking suspicion cows counts as far lower than 87, maybe too low. (i'm aiming for a 186 max str req, how much does etherality lower req?)

thanks in advance.

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

1. what lvl 87 areas cannot spawn pi's and li's?

>Hm, no idea what you mean by lvl87 area. I think max area level is 85. I think Black Marsh in Hell doesn't have Li's, but Pi's do appear there sometimes (unique monsters). Also Bloody foothills sometimes doesn't have Li's if right combination of monsters is spawned. But these areas aren't level 85 anyway.

2. if #1 is impossible, what about pi's OR li's?

>Well I know for sure PI's will not appear in the Pit, Flayer jungle and Lower Kurast - the areas I usually play with my MF bowzon. They also rarely appear in Chaos sanctuary (unique monsters). Cow level is also free of immunes, but you'll find some Pi's and Li's in form of unique monsters, and Cow King is PI AND LI AFAIK.

4. i'm looking for an etheral laqured plate, kraken shell, or archon plate. what would be the best place i could go without pi/li but could still generate these items?

>My vote goes to the Pit here(level 85 area). Cows is also possible(level 81 area I think).

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

I suggest cowing

The only ALvl87 is Arreat Summit.

You'll have to ask RTB or look yourself for which monsters can spawn where.

Same as #2, try http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/ and sort out the immunities.

Hell cows tend to have a few PI/LI roaming around (your merc should be equipped to handle them with a little weapon switch help from you), but the main LI - The Cow King - is one you shouldn't care about since you obviously don't want to kill him. They can drop any base item and every rune, last I checked (watch RTB remind me otherwise about more .10 alterations :), though they are limited somewhat in set/uniques due to treasure classes. Since those aren't what you're looking for I should think a LF Amazon, with or without maximum synergies and Thunderstroke, should eat them alive - especially since mine does.

4. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

I'm thinking hell cows too, 4(,5) reasons

1. They can drop the items you're looking for.

2. There's very little PI/LI's there (a few occasional uniques is all).
    2,5. The king is always LI so you don't have to wory too much about accidently killing him.

3. There's the off chance of a highrune dropping too (WAY off, but it does happen)

4. A javazon is perfect for cowruns

And Etherealness lowers both str and dex req by 10

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You probably mean L85 areas.

It seems you have a javazon. In that case you should visit cows, a.k.a. LF-Zon Land.

I cannot remember that the Pits ever spawn a PI boss. IIRC it's the same in the Ancient Tunnels, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, there are skeletons in the Tunnels which means you can't leech from them and they are lightning immune as well IIRC.

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

thanks all. :)

i did cows, and got an etheral great hauberk, which got 2 sockets in the cube. (@-15% req's.)

but, it got the lowest possible ed%, 150%. :(

i think i'll just go for a little longer for 4s gm/mat bows and etheral mat javs. :)

sorry about the 87-85 thing, maybe i was thinking of tc's.

7. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I'm late to this thread i know and the answer is there, I just wanted to congratulate Hal for asking a question that was basically:

"What area that can drop the things cows can drop, that doesn't spawn things cows don't spawn, and that will give me lots of socketables the way cows do, should I go to with my build that is widely considered to be the best for killing cows?"

Awesome :)

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Even better, not even you noticed that I was wrong with respect to the Tunnels where PIs can spawn :)

9. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

If you can afford a Death's Web, poison/skellimancer is the best cow killer I've ever made. Necros with skeletons in general work very well due to the corpse explode skill which is based off of the monster's original health. With Amp Damage 2-3 CEs will drop every cow in its radius. With poison taking some health off the top it's usually only 1 CE.

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If you do the novamancer, you'd be better off with the pit, because monsters there have next to no poison resist (at least after the minus from gear and LR) and have a much better chance at TC 87 than cows have. Besides, anything could drop (well, not the cow set) including any rune.