Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

area levels in classic?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by purplelocust, May 11, 2005.

1. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

area levels in classic?

Is there a big difference between the area levels listed for LoD and for Classic? It seems like there would be a big jump from Act 4 NM to Act 1 Hell if they are the same as in LoD (from 57 in NM River of Flame to 67 Hell Blood Moor, according to the Facts and Formulae archive) since there is no Act 5 NM in Classic, of course. So I presume that the area levels for Classic are different but I can't seem to find a place that lists them. It would be nice to know since (my understanding is that) monster levels come from area levels and so area level matters a lot for experience and chance to hit. I'm trying to get a King summoner in Classic and am currently at lvl 62 in NM Act 4 and don't want to set foot in Hell until I'm higher level, but I'd like to know how high the monster levels are there so I can tell if my skeletons have a chance of killing things there.

I did look on the old Darkness Bestiary for Classic and it lists NM Urdars as lvl 57 and Hell Fallen as 51, which makes sense but I have no idea if that info applies with 1.10 Classic.

2. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

There is a Web site on diabloii.net that says classic and expansion monster lvls. and according to my calculations you should be in the end of act 1 hell, around the catacombs.

3. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

I looked there, but that looks like it was last updated in 2001, so I wasn't sure if that applies to patch 1.10. I think that 1.10 changed the monster levels to agree always with the area level, at least in LoD hell (hence pit runs, etc.) so I'm skeptical about that information being current.

4. not_That

not_That IncGamers Member

I haven't touched d2c in a long while, but the way it used to work is this:

LOD:
    Nightmare mlvl = mlvl + 33
    Hell mlvl = mlvl + 66

So a level 1 Fallen would turn level 34 and 67 in nightmare and hell.

D2C:
    Nightmare mlvl = mlvl + 25
    Hell mlvl = mlvl + 50

So a level 1 Fallen would turn level 26 and 51.

5. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

Thats what the web site said. It seems to match up with my experience.

6. Dark Luke

Dark Luke IncGamers Member

For LOD it's outdated for 1.10 (new area levels for expansion), but for classic this still applies, as it's never changed after many years since 1.00.