Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Area effect?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Kosaku, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Kosaku

Kosaku IncGamers Member

Area effect?

What would be the best spec for a PvM druid. See, Im making him my magic find char, so I just need to anilate monsters. Not to worried about pvp. And I really dont feel like messing with abunch of pets. Can u guys help me out. I tried to read up on the other threads but Im so new to a druid class I have no idea that that stuff means.. I just need a skill spec for Area effect PvM.

2. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

The two kinds of elemtal druids that have area effect spells are wind druids and fire druids. Fire druids will run into problems with immunes in hell. There are spells that deal physical damage too on the fire side of the tree (volcano, molten bolder), however these aren't terribly practical. So it's looks like that leaves a wind druid as your best option (hurricane will be your primary "area effect" skill, while the "annihilating" will be done via tornados).

You'll pretty much being using the same skills and stats as any other windy (guide found here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=238126) and being switching most of the gear out for the approprate magic-finding setup. As aforementioned, hurricane and tornado will be slowing dealing damage, respectively. Twister will be a synergy, and cyclone armour is useful in its own right. Maxing oak sage will give you a nice life boost, though in pvm you have to account for its tendency to wander towards certain doom.

Hope that helps.

3. Kosaku

Kosaku IncGamers Member

Ok... Im going wind druid.. Do I put a sing point in the summon skill tree or what. Or just stictly elemental.

4. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

Traditionally wind druids max cyclone armour, twister, tornado, hurricane, and oak sage (whether you put points into summon grizzly and it prerequisites is a matter of preference); so if you go by that axiom , yes you'll have some points in summoning and a lot in the elemental skill tree.