Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are You Serious?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by GodofWar, May 13, 2005.

1. GodofWar

GodofWar IncGamers Member

Are You Serious?

My LvL 79 Paladin just reached Hell Ancients, and thats where his story stops. I simply cannot beat them. When I first fought them, they killed me in one hit. After starting over again I saw they had the Fantacism aura and I had Amp Damage on my, so I restarted and thought at last I had gotten lucky. No auras, no amp damage, but the STILL kill me in ONE shot. I'm not sure what this is all about, but that is just rediculous. I'll post my stats and hope you guys can offer some advice.

Life:1258
    Resistance:75 All
    Defense:1220 (75% Blocking)
    Damage Reduced by 18%

I cannot do any better this, and Korlic still kills me in one shot, no auras, no curses. I tried 4 times but still I died. They have no great dmg boosting mods, re-rolling their mods wont help, is their something wrong with my game? I thought that up until this point my survivability was pretty good, but I just get slaughtered. Any help would be appreciated.

-Guan Yu

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

1 hit kills are because of the FE bug. If any of them are FE in hell (even NM) then you should tp to town and reroll them, since its impossible for a legit character to survive a full Fe hit from them. (there have been extensive tests which proove beyond doubt, your fecked if they are FE)

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Korlic was probably Fire Enchanted. There is a bug causing Fire-enchanted Ancient dealing enormous damage (1-hit kill fpr all legit characters) You need to reroll Ancients abilities by casting town portal and activating altar again if you see that one of them is Fire Enchanted. (And reroll them in the case one of them has Fanaticism and you are cursed too) More about the bug you can read in 1.10 FAQ in the sticky.

4. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

As other said, one hit kill sounds more like FE ancient. Beware that FE ancient doesn't need to hit you, as long as you are close to them, you are gone (if the bug kicks in).

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It doesn't necessarily have to be FE bug althoug it probably is. My tesladin with 1000 life and 30ish resists +max block got 2-hit killed...Korlic hit me once and i drank a potion and swung away, then Talic whirlwinded me and I was dead...no FE, just the suxxor ancients:).

6. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

Maybe it would help if you listed your gear, so we might be able to give you a few suggestions...Do you have CB? Are you playing P1? Maybe you could get a pair of drascul's grasp,..Then any zealot should be invincible...Also do you have a merc?

-Slayer

7. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

strange i never noticed the fe bug... hmm does the fix for the aura runewords ( bug that makes german version crash whit new ladder runewords that give aura, fixed by a new "Patch" file which i got from this forum, so i assume it s legit ) also fix the FE bug in single player ?

8. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

haha, yeah, i too had a pally being the destroyed by the ancients my 1st time in hell. yup, FE, one hit killer. haha. just rerool untill you see them without FE bug. however, the other mods on them could also mean auick death. so try and get a good roll. i went to act 2, i remember, and leveled to around 86 , and got a baranar's star and that helped me kill the my 1st time. but u dont have to be such a high level.