Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are you going to play Season 2?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by darkrealm, Oct 21, 2014.

1. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

My first full season effort should yield PL500 or so, but I am not so sure about playing season 2. I really believe unless Blizzard dangles a full-on OP weapon or item, I doubt I will do that.
    I enjoyed starting fresh, but doubt I would do that again for the sake of starting over again without serious benefit.

What is your take on this?

2. Yoo

Yoo Diabloii.Net Member

I am waiting to make any sort of decision until I hear what is going into the game for content, content balancing, skill balancing, and gear updates/balancing.

Character/stash space is driving me up the wall and depending on updates might go so far as to make me go SC. Or maybe erase all non-season stuff even tho there are builds I'm looking forward to trying because of the gear variations.

Part of my indecision is due to being sour about screen freeze deeds too. Post 1st screeen freeze I woulda been fine saying 'Season 2 yeah! Go-go!, but post 2nd makes me unsure.

TLDR: Need to see what changes are, and they probably need to be fairly major. Doing rifts only is getting old.

droful and Aahzmadius like this.
  3. jcauthon

jcauthon Diabloii.Net Member

I honestly think that the number of people playing season 2 will go down.

1) people hit season one so hard at the start, but are now on to other games.
    2) seasons just showed the exploits that can be done in the game, and people feel season 2 will just bring more.
    3) the dependency on the unity set-up and finding those again
    4) CONDUIT cheese
    5) keystone of trials

Blizzard must make some changes and from what i read they are at least looking into it. Still, a once exciting new part of the game may be a reason players dont come back to diablo at all let alone play season 2.

Steven Hazani likes this.
  4. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani Diabloii.Net Member

Unless the game structure itself changes, never touching them at all. At best, you get like 1 or 2 items, but since you can't use those items on your real characters until the season ends anyways, can't effectively farm with unestablished characters, and can't work towards any coherent goal with any character those items are just things you wait a while and then gamble for, because as is I could play any Wizard build in the game with the items I have saved, it's just that only 2 of those are actually effective, and only 1 of those is also fun. If that wasn't true non seasons > seasons for new and different characters.

Given all the talk of 2-3 months, it shouldn't be long before I can get those bracers, and pull or chain cc > damage zone is about the only really dangerous thing I can't just avoid outright. The bracers hard counter that.

5. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Didn't play Season One, won't play Season Two. I never understood the novelty of playing Season One to tell the truth. Seemed like it was just a race to get back to the point where everybody was at before the season started. I can see where high level people got a renewed kick out of gaining a bunch of new Paragon points again, but I think when people see how little their Seasonal Paragon bumps their main Paragon, they're going to be like "damn..."

Steven Hazani likes this.
  6. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

^ what he said!!!!

7. darkrealm

@Yoo Yes I agree rifts are getting old. I find doing higher GRs in groups to be more rewarding and fun, but that is more of the same old same.
    @Steven Hazani - Yeah the bracers will be available soonish on non-season. Just looking to start winding down my play time from seasons soon.
    @ZappaFan - I explored a calculator for conversion and I need to get to 524 on seasons to convert my 476 non season to 600. So I need about 49 more PLs on seasons...Could it happen...probably not, but will be fun trying...

I really can't comment on things like conduits, GR cheats, etc. Not in a position to be at the top of any rankings. Just a player. =P

8. Young

Young Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure if drop rates are higher on seasons, but my seasonal characters have far surpassed the quality and quantity of gear of my non seasonal ones.

If things remain as they are, I probably won't do season 2. It's been a crazy grind and I don't think I can do it again haha.

9. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

Before seasons started, based on polls on this forum and general talk, it seemed like very few folks where going to play seasons. Then seasons started and I was very surprised at how many people where playing seasons. I had no intention of playing seasons but is seemed like most everyone else was. So I started seasons so I would have people to run with. Running with folks it better than solo. So I will probably play where there are more opportunities to run with folks.

That said, agree with this:
    I don't have plans to run seasons since I don't want to rebuild, but I also don't like running solo as much as multi-player.

droful likes this.
  10. Katniss

Katniss Diabloii.Net Member

I will play Season Two. I like resets and hunting. I also like Leaderboards and rankings. All of those things are renewed each season. Therefore, there will always be a new chase even if the actual mode of chase isn't so new or novel. I will pretty much always play Seasons. I think Season One was unique in that dabblers were trying it and seasonal players were trying it. Going forward, less dabblers will dabble since they know what it's about and it will boil down to the seasonal grinders up against each other, which is actually quite fine by me.

Let me grind.

11. darkrealm

@Young Not sure if I want to regrind- but again...if something is really special I will create a toon to try and find it..
    @spiffymcbang That seems to be the universal problem. Non season is just VERY empty. No pub games to join and even less to p lvl a toon. Bit of a dilemma for both of us...
    @Katniss The item hunt is a big thing for me, but I do think I am going to try and be a bit more discerning on what is worth the grind. The bracers are pretty much the best of the new items for most. If the class items (or whatever they come up with) is terrible I am not sure I am going to regrind.

I still enjoy playing- but I do wonder if I am going to want to start fresh every couple of months... On HC that is accomplished for you on death. =P

12. ZappaFan

Well, take it from somebody who has had WAY too many deeds this season, our clan channel has been awesome for providing p-lvl help. :p

13. spiffymcbang

If you don't play seasons, I won't :)

darkrealm likes this.
  14. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani Diabloii.Net Member

Funny thing is when I was still on I constantly seen people die, checked because I was bored and willing/able for some CCing, but they kept being ladder. Sometimes they got help anyways, sometimes they were just stuck, but if they were non ladder they would have gotten help.

15. Grishok

Grishok Diabloii.Net Member

I'm wondering what the GAT clan will do. As 95% is playing season 1, I'm confined to solo and grouping with a few non-clan friends.

Would be nice if more people would play non-season in season 2, but I'm not getting my hopes up. As long as I have nice chars non-season and lots of backup items in stash, I really can't be bothered to play seasons. If I happen to rip them all I might change my opinion, but let's hope that doesn't become reality ^^

PS Since GR's have been introduced, I've been enjoying solo very much so I'm not bored at all. Grouping is nice for sharing items and super quick/efficient farming, but I would never do that all the time now I can bang my head against high GR's :)

PS2 Going for a leaderboard position has a very probably chance of killing your character, it's a great "character sink" as Blizzard would describe it :D

16. ZappaFan

I have a hunch we'll see more non-season play in Season 2 than we did in Season 1. I'm already starting to see it a little bit in IncHC.

17. darkrealm

I have a very modest goal to be 500 on both seasons and non season. Working on the non season character now.

- Still need info. Still miss trading.

So what if---they enabled trading on season only? Like non AH situation..

18. spiffymcbang

That would make a huge difference and almost no one would play non-season in my opinion, ever.

19. darkrealm

I bet you can tell I miss trading. Man the hay day of this site was sure fun. Really am not sure why everyone is so hung up on BoA. I get enough of that on WoW. *shrug*

20. ZappaFan

Well the one thing that BoA does a very good job of is eliminate the 3rd party gold & item selling. That's the primary reason for it ultimately.