Are you at least 21 and a Smoker?

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you at least 21 and a Smoker?

Is anyone else seeing this banner? It leads to some national smokers survey site. My question is: Should banners be age appropriate to this site?

It doesn't bother me too much, and it's probably harmless...but is a banner for a 21+ website appropriate for an all-ages forum? Obviously there wouldn't be a pr0n banner here, but this one is, while the age-restriction is the same for both banners.

Anakha1 said:
It's not advertising smoking... who cares?
Exactly.

And if we do age appropreit then we need to do IP logs and get locations and then only advertise with laser accuracy and and and then teh intarweb would be like the mall!!!

Sorry I just did 3 hours of Latin. I literally am doing this 0_o o_0

EDIT: The ironing in this thread is delicious.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
It's a frickin survey. It's not gonna turn me into a smoker by reading it.
obviously that is not its intent since it functions on the assumption that you are already a smoker

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
I've sometimes thought about that myself when I've seen that banner, however, I gotta imagine that Elly, Rushter, & Gaile are somewhat more flexible with needs as they apply to advertising revenue for the site. The reality is probably that it's a compromise that needed to be made in order to try and foot the bills for the site. I'm not thinking that the Pal donations are kicking in like wildfire, but meh... maybe in time. I'll keep donating more each month because I'm in a financial place where I can and I like this site a lot.

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
well than whats the big deal? It won't benefit anyone who's not already smoking. Whoooooooo cares.
agreed, why don't you click on it to support our advertisers...what would we do if we didn't have the OTF?

we'd prolly paly that game we don't talk about...and wher would that get us?

windforces? bah!

Acually if the otf didn't exist I would probably play my bass 10x more, exercise 10x and do everything else 10x. Damn you off topic

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
Acually if the otf didn't exist I would probably play my bass 10x more, exercise 10x and do everything else 10x. Damn you off topic
I don't know what I would do, but I wouldn't play diablo

Hmm I would also play my bass more, I get plenty exercise in a week so no more there, I would sleep a little more, and I would probably get back into HALO again.

Is it just me or does HALO get old after you can beat it on Legendary without any trouble and your friends can hardly keep up on normal? Meh I should probably get new friends.

Oh I would prbably focus more on my art too.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
I don't know what I would do, but I wouldn't play diablo

Canadia142 said:
yeah I wouldn't play diablo 2. I gave my account to th.

ARGHHHH! You both said the game-that-shall-not-be-named!!!! You both shall be punished severely! Someone call Anak1ahk to administer the trout beatings!

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
giantpinkbunnyhead said:
ARGHHHH! You both said the game-that-shall-not-be-named!!!! You both shall be punished severely! Someone call Anak1ahk to administer the trout beatings!
how bout I diablo you upside the head punk! hahahahahaha!!! I am invincible!

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
What?!??!!!?!? you woudn't paly the game that cannot be mentioned? but the countess has runes...runes that belong to me! I must get them back!

actually, i have a pretty good lazy man's workout schedule...i force myself to do pushups when i wake up and when i go to bed...when i have energy i do crunches too. i keep telling myself that once it gets nice out that I'll run again...the only sports i seem to play in winter are bowling and pool.

oh, whoops I'm hijacking...yeah so sponsors are good and stuff...gogo surveys if they pay the site.

actually i've decide since i am a smoker an i'm over 21 that i will be clicking on the survey next time i see it