Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are tunnels as good to do as the pits?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MasterMegatron, May 20, 2005.

1. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

Are tunnels as good to do as the pits?

I use a blizzard sorc and she cant do pits because of the cold immunes, just wondering if ancient tunnels in act2 can drop the high stuff like in the pits? Thanks.

2. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

Yes it can. I found both Tals Armor and Crown of Ages in Ancient Tunnels, but you have to be very patient with these level 85 areas.

Actually I think Ancient Tunnels is even easier than Pits, particularly if you got decent lightning resists. But it must be said that there are typically more monsters and more unique monsters in the Pit, so if you can handle Pits I think it pays off faster. Also my sorceress merc dies much more in Ancient Tunnels due to unleechable monsters I think, which is a thing you should pay attention to if you are a melee character.

3. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

Another thing: the Pit is much easier to find.
    And front243, do you go there with a melee sorc? Because casters don"t need to worry about leeching. Except maybe for your merc....

-AnQ

4. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

pits are better for items but ancient tunnels are much easier for blizz sorc

5. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

Cant wait to do pits but pally gear kinda out of my reach at the moment. Stuff in asia realm is expensive.

6. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

never played in asia...anywho i think that fire sorcs were good for pits but i am not sure correct me on this one if wrong

7. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

the mausileom sp?the tomb beside blood raven is also a good place for a blizzard sorc has lvl 87 critters.

8. skihard

skihard Banned

when I did MF runs with my Blizzard sorc I would clean out Maggot Lair found lots of good stuff there to include a 2 off perfect steelrends

Mausoleum is lvl 85 with boss packs being ** just like pits and maggot lair and all other 85 areas.

9. SDK

SDK IncGamers Member

Ancient tunnels are great for a cold sorc, the nasties are lightning/fire/poison immune with nary a cold immune is sight. Tricky to find, i'll just tele around looking for the purple door. All 85lv areas can generate top end gear, but each has a set number of boss packs, the mauseleum having the lowest, if i remember correctly. Just look for mf/area 85 running guides, they're around here somewhere.

I know i'm not the first to say so, but i often run those areas without any mf on. Some of the eth or "os" items can generate more wealth than uniques and it doesn't affect your chances at finding high runes. Those remain slim to none :hanky:

10. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

River of flame can be good for a blizzy, if the run doesnt generate spawners (only cold immune in there). Tbh ancient tunnels are easy, most monsters in there move slow, blizz slows them even more, u only really need to fear the skeleton mages and some nasty mod zombie boss packs (not mummies- those are pathetic even with fanat but plague bearers).

11. jmorocks

jmorocks IncGamers Member

I've only done Ancient Tunnels maybe about 20 times, but I did find a Grandfather in there =). As for the Pits, best was a Windy.