Are there upgrades in gear now that I'm on NL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member
Are there upgrades in gear now that I'm on NL?

I think my gear is pretty good already but I don't know any items before 1.10 I only played classic and single player in 1.09 so can someone suggest any NL gear pre versions that would fit me better? No hacked no unperm I just need like earlier gear that may fit me better, it got me wondering cause I saw another hammer wearing 08valk and other wearing what looked like vampire gaze.. And they're way much better than everyone else to show me the geear haha nubs ^^

currently paladin blessed hammer using(pun setip)

coa with 2x res/-req jewel
enigma
35 spirit
hoto
2/20 ammy
10fcr ring somelife n res
raven
dungos
trang

inv is
ptorch
anni
3x pcomb
rest life and/or res scs

some gear in stash are wizzy, shako, grief, and a 2/20circet with some life n res, arach and absorb equipment thc. I hope this isnt against any rule

unclemike: :nono: :banned03: :mua:
me: :eek:mg: :xxx:

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Are there upgrades in gear now that I'm on NL?

Yes there are certain pre 1.10 boots and amulets that are very much useful on any char.
Also there certain mana/life scs that you could use 1-2 of.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Without going into dupes/unperms I think your set up is pretty much complete. Upgrade the pcombs to pcombs with life. If your satisifed with the dmg your hammers do then fill the rest of your inventory with life scs with res.

Niklet

Diabloii.Net Member

Assuming you don't want to deal with the possibility of poofing 20/5s, I suggest that you replace the pcombs in your inventory with 15-19/5s.

The res is a lot more important than extra damage that is likely superfluous (spelling?) in light of your hoto.

Alternatively, you could get pcombs with 35+ life, as mentioned by BAMF.

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

Um nvm :p I just wanted to know what stat of 08 items and if they could be used on hdin but I found my answer thanks to someone online who finally explained it to my NL newbness. The 08 item valk is basically fhr/ias/fcr all in one, good for a non-fcr weapon like grief and the 08 vampiregaze has 25%DR which is not really needed cause I have enough for now.

Yes there are certain pre 1.10 boots and amulets that are very much useful on any char.
Also there certain mana/life scs that you could use 1-2 of.
those maybe from earlier versions but they aren't legit they're either rare or crafted so it's almost impossible for more than one of same stats and name to exist!

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

There was just a little discussion about 08 items in the Statistics forum not too long ago, it has some useful links that might be worth taking a gander at.

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah a lot of the boots, gloves, amus, rings and belts that are rare and crafted with good 08 stats are usually realm common dupes i.e meaning they are not legit. This is usually because the standard type of these items i.e res boots for example, res boots on ladder or legit res boots can have really good stats i.e i have a pair on a mule with 10%frw/30%fr/35%cr/40%lr (quite high str requirement) something like these which technically are good stats but a realm dupe equivalent which i also use has 30%frw/13 dex/48%lr/46% cr/49%fr.

I don't want to offend Mike or anyone who is anti dupe or hacked items, but its is a known fact that hacked items can bring improvements to certain builds granting i.e more flexibility to setups, covering issues/weakness that were present in the past but are now no existent using the "item" and increasing overall build strength and possibly dmg.

Again i am not trying to "pimp dupes" or wot ever its called.

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

There was just a little discussion about 08 items in the Statistics forum not too long ago, it has some useful links that might be worth taking a gander at.
Code:
+2 to All Skills
[B]Increase Maximum Life 40%[/B]
+1-123 to Mana (1.25 per Character Level)
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+100% Enhanced Defense
Indestructible
:eek:mg: Those still exist or near impossible to find?
I NEEED ONE NOW

zzzackkk

Diabloii.Net Member

Aww man, Those boots you named are the same ones I have :(. They were only duel res so I didn't think much of it. That kind of sucks...

Holmstrom

Diabloii.Net Member

f you want to go really godly, you could try and get bug gloves and bug belt, but those are kinda expensive and mass duped and unperm :)

Xombie

Diabloii.Net Member

08 shakos don't exist anymore and if i remember correctly from 1.08/1.09, the 08 shakos never had the mana mod...

for some reason diabloii.net and some 1.09 servers had 08 shakos with the mana mod, weird

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator

f you want to go really godly, you could try and get bug gloves and bug belt, but those are kinda expensive and mass duped and unperm :)
Most of the old stuff is both duped and unperm. Hammerdins don't really need classic gear so I'll just close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.