Are there cube recipies for charms?

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Are there cube recipies for charms?

I have just brought my char into Hell and, as we all know, resist is an issue. My inventory is crammed full of Grand charms, only enough room for a TP Tome. I was wondering, are there any formulas for converting charms into smaller ones? Or, perhaps, making the Grand charms more potent so the need to carry so many can be eliminated. Can charms be manufactured or altered at all?

Currently, I’m carrying a Diamond Shield, that with all my charms and bonuses puts me from 70 to 75 on resist in Hell, but at the cost of having to muck around with inventory every time I decide to pick up an item.

As for formulas; other than the available data collected on the net, mostly the Arreat Summit page just copied and pasted, which doesn't have any formulas I am interested in yet, what, if any formulas are there that aren't widely available?

Thank you for taking the time.

TeknoRat

Diabloii.Net Member
The magical prefixes and suffixes can be changed with the 3 pgems + charm cube formula, however most people choose to do that only when they are the highest level charms from baal/diablo/nihlathak. However there is no way to change the size of your charm.

All formulas for the cube are on arreat summit.

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
I just came from there. I spent about an hour and a half reading. I also downloaded a PDF ffrom the UK. It is all the same stuff with nothing about charms at all. At least nothing I found. Perhaps you could provide a link?

What would changing the prefix/suffix of a charm do, excatly. Will it change the properties?

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
The magical prefixes and suffixes can be changed with the 3 pgems + charm cube formula, however most people choose to do that only when they are the highest level charms from baal/diablo/nihlathak. However there is no way to change the size of your charm.

All formulas for the cube are on arreat summit.
Actually, most people tend to use Charms from A3 Nightmare, since they maximize the chances of getting +1 skill tab GCs.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
or rerolling baal, nihlathak, and diablo gc's for getting the lots of life (41-45) and skills mods

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

TeknoRat, I didn't realize charms were magic items, thanks for the heads up. I was looking for the word 'charms'.

Thank You

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes that's the basic idea. Granted you have to have a large stash of gems first, but after questing through the game with a character that shouldn't be too hard to do.

I think, but don't quote me on this, is that it takes on average about 30 or so attempts to "roll" a skiller GC.

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
I think, but don't quote me on this, is that it takes on average about 30 or so attempts to "roll" a skiller GC.
About 22 or so for the above-mentioned Act 3 NM ones, about 23 tries for the Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak ones.. Since the latter can get much more useful second mods, there's no point in rerolling Act 3 NM ones just for a slightly better chance, IMO.

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
Usually people roll the 'Baal GC' untill one of these options happen:

1) 41+life (plain or with crappy other mod) = proof that this is a 'baal gc' and therefore -> tradable

2) good skiller/nice mods (usually with good 2nd mod) that has the same or a higher resale value than the 41+life one -> tradable

3) some mods that are usefull for them -> useful

Of course if you don't have other 'baal gc's' waiting to be re-rolled sometimes it does not make sense to sell a charm you rolled and you would keep on rolling.

IMO it is not worth it to use pgems on anything but 'baal gc's'.

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
Occassionally I'll reroll small charms in hopes for some decent resists or life on it.
I reroll sc's for resists+mf. Have managed to secure one 5% all resists + 5% mf charm so far, after loads of rerolls, but several 10-11% specific res + 6-7% mf :)